Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Yet, a successful day...

Work & Play
WOW! Today sure didn't start off well. Y'all know that I mentioned that Cade hadn't been feeling well. His mom joined him today. Last night I was waiting for Cheeto to come home and then talked to him pretty late, well, 10:30pm. I know you all don't think that is late, but for me THAT is late! I had to stay up to tell Cheeto what Kelson did. OK... so you know that we went to Krispy Kreme. There were a few donuts left over. While I was in the office blogging, I heard Kelson in the kitchen. When I stood up to go see what was going on, he took off running down the hall. I thought to myself, "...that's all it took for him to run to bed. That's what he does when Cheeto comes after him, but not me. He usually turns his head and grins, pretending I can't see him." Well, I returned to the office to finish blogging. When I was done, I walked back to the kitchen and glanced at the table. There were frosting flakes all over it. I know we cleaned it after dinner. I then noticed the frosting flakes continued across the floor. I went into the boys bedroom, and what did I find.... Kelson sitting in the dark, in the covers eating a chocolate frosted donut. He was cover ear to ear with chocolate and of course; their freshly washed sheets were freshly frosted now. Kelson, had even grabbed the wipes to clean up his mess. What a smart, sneeky lil' kid. It was funny yet frustrating at the same time. Anyway, once I got in bed I got the worst heartburn. I only get heartburn when I'm pregnant. Man, I don't know how all the rest of you everyday heartburn people suffer. It was awful. Well, when I finally fell asleep, I woke up about 2 hours later with a sore throat and couldn't swallow, then the stuffy head set in. I felt like crap this morning. So not in the mood for Cade's fears of going to school. He woke up smiling again and came and sat by me on the couch. He was yet again ready to go to school. But when I pulled his clothes out to get dressed the war began. He cried of course, and I held it together until he left. I cried more than one tear this morning. It breaks my heart to see him leave like that. Because I was potty training all day, Cheeto picked him up from school. Cheeto said it was nice being able to be nice guy for once. Poor thing ;)!
Kelson and I had a pretty successful day. I wasn't looking forward to it, but he did such a good job today with the potty training. he only had one poopy accident and 2 wet accidents. I would take the wet ones over the poopy ones any day. He wasn't like the poopy one either, so maybe tomorrow he will get that down a bit better. He hasn't had a diaper on in over 12 hours. Kinda wierd not changing diapers. I'm looking forward to a few months with out buying diapers. They do get pretty spendy. We even went to Wal-mart without having an accident.
We went to eat beans with mom and dad tonight and noticed on the way over that gas was $2.55. An hour and a half later, on the way home, gas was now $2.95. It jumped .40 in a hour. Ridiculous. Cheeto decided to run both cars out to costco and fill up. He said they changed their price while he was pumping. He will probably say more about that.
Arellano Update
Mom taught institute tonight so we didn't get to talk to her much. I was just very grateful she invited us over for beans. One... her beans always seem to come out tasting better than mine. Two... I have felt so nasty today with my head cold that I told Cheeto he might be lucky if he got a bowl of cereal for dinner. He was also grateful for the beens and tortillas. Dad was out planting in the rain. I had to laugh because he was watering his plants with the hose in the rain as well. Funny guy! Said he wanted to make sure they didn't get thirsty.

Christensen Update
No baby addition yet. Unless they have forgotten us out here on the east coast. Sounds like they are all staying pretty busy with harvest business. I really miss this time of year at home. You can all laugh... but nothing smells better than a potato cellar in September.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: i have no idea.... it was a hit and miss night!

TODAY:

Exercise... running every 15 minutes with kelson to the bathroom. Does that count? it should!!!
Breakfast: nada... oh wait.... cough drops!

Lunch: carrots, broccoli and ranch dip- cheeto didn't come home today... so kelson picked lunch :)

Dinner: Beans and Tortillas

0 comments: