Wednesday, August 17, 2005

It's a Girl

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
It's a girl! Shena had her 18 week ultrasound and after about 2 minutes of looking at the baby, the technician (is that what they're called) said she could tell and she showed us how she knew (I'll spare you the details). We are VERY excited (especially Shena). She's been hoping, I've been PRAYING that it would be a girl. I was going to feel like a failed husband if I couldn't produce a girl for her. She is going to be a great mom for a little girl. The baby has all her parts, and most everything looks good. The doctor said they could see two little spots on the ultrasound on her spinal cord (which he said could be indicative of downs syndrome), but he said not to worry yet. Shena's blood tests came back normal for that earlier, and he said the spots are somewhat common and they will probably go away in the next 10 weeks. Shena will have to go back then for another ultrasound to be sure. I'll keep you posted, of course.

On a (somewhat) related note, I'm sexy. Here's an article that says so: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/gossip/story/337994p-288635c.html

On an UN-related note...we had the missionaries over for dinner again. They called late last night. We had tried to scratch our name off the list because Marcos was in town and we had just fed them last week and we didn't think we were supposed to feed them twice in one month. But they said it was ok. One of the Elder's is a big guy and always goes for seconds...sometimes thirds. I'm sure HE said it was ok because he didn't want to go without a dinner appointment tonight.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Cade is still in denial that we will be having a girl. We will have to work on him the next couple of months. When I tried to talk to him about it this afternoon, he kept saying "No, I want a brother. I don't want a sister." Kelson was happy to be getting a little sister. It is what he has been saying he wanted all along, but I don't know if he really knows the difference. I think he just says the opposite of Cade to bug him.

Arellano Update
Of course everyone here is happy to have a girl on the way. Had it been a boy, both Shena and Melissa would have been mad at both Adam and I. We thought that "The Arellano's" only produced boys since we were 4-0 in the boy department.

Christensen Update
And of course everyone was happy for us here, too. They already have girls on their side, but Kyrie (my niece) was especially excited that we were getting a little girl. She said that "Cade needs a little sister." Maybe he hasn't been treating Kyrie very nicely and she thinks he needs a lesson in how to treat girls.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 10:30 - 6:08 - The boys went to bed EARLY last night, so I got to, too.

TODAY:
Breakfast: none

Lunch: Smokey Bone's - a pulled pork sandwich with fries, strawberry lemonade...it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. I think it was the bun, I wasn't real fond of it. It was still pretty good though.

Dinner: Frito chili (Frito's covered with chili, sour cream and cheese), kool-aid, two scoops of ice cream over a banana

0 comments: