Thursday, September 08, 2005

finally healthy.....



Work & Play
yeah...yeah.... so i've heard that y'all have been giving us a hard time about not blogging much. We are so blessed to have Cade in school. the second day he brought home a nasty cold virus or something. Both Cade and I were in pretty tough shape. I started feeling better just a couple of days ago. I have been working on projects and more projects. I made cards all morning today. I knitted most of the day yesterday. Project working works well while potty training Kelson. I devote myself to staying home, and if I'm staying home, I don't spend any money, which Cheeto loves too! I'm still think about what to do for the baby's room. I've decide I'm going to wait awhile to paint. Going to let it cool off a bunch, so I can open windows and have lots of ventilation.

Cade's News
Cade has done fabulous the past couple of days. Cheeto said he didn't fight too much yesterday. When I picked him up the first thing he told me was, "Mommy, I didn't have to cry today! I missed you lots, but I didn't cry!" He was so proud of himself, but I think I was more proud of him. Today, Cheeto had to leave for Raleigh early, so I was in charge of taking Cade to and from school. We talked to Mom last night and thought it might be better for her to take Cade this morning since he just started getting over the "mama blues." G'ma said he told her, "I don't need to cry, do I?" Sweet boy! He also has eaten school lunch the past few days. He said he loved the pizza and grilled cheese. He loved having chocolate milk! They have the kids memorize their student numbers. Cade walked around the house repeating his number. It was funny. Yesterday on the way home from school we past a wreck and the police car had his "student number" on the back window. He yelled, "Mom, STOP!" I was glad that I was already stopped because of the wreck, that would have scared me while driving! But he wanted me to see that the police car had "his" number on it. He's very observant.

Kelson's Adventures
Kelson is Kelson! Yesterday seemed like a really long day! He was into, climbing, eating, and curious about everything. He had one accident in the morning as far as the potty training went. He was dry the rest of the day. I was a slacker and had forgotten to wash more underwear for him, so I put Cade's Bob the Builder underwear on Kelson after his bath last night. There is a picture of Bob right in front. Kelson was very specific in telling me that Bob needed to stay dry. This morning while running to the toilet, Kelson pauses first to talk to Bob. "Bob, you still dry. Yeah! That's a good boy! Ok, sit on the floor- I make water." I was laughing. I don't think Kelson understood why I was laughing so hard. He was trying to bend over and talk to the front of his underwear. Looked hilarious. I guess you had to be there. Yesterday Susie Hiatt came over to watch movies and cut out more bunnies. I think Kelson was making her nervous. He wanted to bad for Madeline to get out and play with him. Well, Kelson got mad at me and went to open the blinds- he knows he's not to touch the blinds. In the process of trying to get even.... he actually pulled the blinds down, crashing to the floor. Scared him, but he got in more trouble, of course. He was pouting and looking out the window, hanging over the back of the black chair. He was there being real quiet. Susie and I looked over and the little stinker had fallen asleep like that. Thus explaining the pictures attached. What a nugget!

Arellano Update
Dad has been working his tail off in his back yard. He has constructed a curved garden wall taking up half of his yard. It's beautiful. He's quite the craftmans. Y'all know him once he gets an idea. :) I'll go over this afternoon and take pictures!

Christensen Update
Becky had her baby! Well, their baby. It's partly Kyle's too, I suppose! :) She went in Tuesday morning and was dilating so the doctor stirred things up some more and told her to come back in a few hours. She had her in about an hour and 20 minutes. Kyle said it was fast and easy. Easy for him to say. I haven't actually talked to Becky, yet. We'll see what she says. She's still very lucky her labors don't last long. Jacie Brynn was 7 lbs. 9 oz. Definately Becky's biggest baby, especially after the tiny Allie. Mom said they all would be home some time today. Tanner has pink eye and can't go to school. Mom said it's been a crazy week. She loves having the kids, but is glad she doesn't have to keep up with them everyday. There is a reason why we have children when we are young! :)

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 9:30pm - 6:30am

TODAY:
Breakfast: bowl of frosted flakes

Lunch: Ham sandwich with cheese and water

Dinner: last night... beans and tortillas

0 comments: