Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Cade's School Countdown

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
Had dinner with mom, dad, Marcos and the spanish missionaries tonight. After we got done eating we started talking about a golf club (driver) that my dad was missing. I seem to remember having borrowed it while he was in Mexico...I just couldn't remember WHY I borrowed it, so Marcos and I ran to my house real quick to pick it up. Dad had been accusing Marcos of leaving it at another golf course the last time he played...several months ago. I also had to return Marcos' sand wedge to him (for this week, anyway). I'll be taking it back out of his bag as soon as he leaves to return to NY.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Things are moving along at our house. Only 9 more days before Cade starts school. I'm having mixed feelings about that. I can't decide how he is going to react or how Shena will react, etc. Part of me thinks he will have a hard time, especially the first week or so. I have this image in my head of him screaming because he doesn't want Shena to leave him there at school. Then the other part of me thinks he will be fine, that Shena will drop him off in his classroom and he'll be excited and say "Bye, mom, see you in a while." He seems to be getting more and more excited, so hopefully it will be the latter. Who knows, by the time we get to next week, I may be more worried about Shena than I will be Cade. She will be without him for about 7 or 8 hours every week day for the next 13 years. I'm sure it will be tough for the first couple of weeks.

Arellano Update
We (Marcos, Dad, Shena and I) are going to go and play golf on Saturday at Greensboro National. Can't wait. I haven't played in quite a while.

Christensen Update
None to report that I know of. But honestly, I think I'm getting REALLY close to getting Shena to contribute. I think she will have a little time when Cade starts school...

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 11:45 - 7:30 - another night getting to bed late

TODAY:
Breakfast: none

Lunch: meatball sandwich on home made bread with cheese, cool ranch dorito's, milk and a couple chips ahoy cookies

Dinner: re-fried beans, rice, carne asada, home made flour tortillas, coke - had some apple crisp with chocolate brownie ice cream and milk just before bed

0 comments: