Friday, August 12, 2005

Party Over Here...Party Over There!!!

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
Dede put together a "surprise" 35th birthday party for Ed that we were invited to. We had all done a good job of keeping things quiet and under wraps. Shena called me about 4:00 and said "we have a problem. Ed is coming home early." The plan was for everybody to get there at 6:30 and to park down the street so he didn't see the cars. Dede just figured he wouldn't be home from work until then. That obviously wasn't happening. So we came up with a plan for me to call him and ask him to meet me at Best Buy or Target to look at TV's (with the guise that I was going to surprise Shena with a new TV and I wanted his help picking one out, since he had just bought one a couple months ago). Shena then called me back about 4:45 and said "Don't worry about it, he's home and he knows." Apparently as Dede was unloading the car of the stuff for the party, Ed pulled in behind her. He said he had known since last night, he just didn't say anything. He also said that if I had called and given him the excuse to come meet me at the store, he would have known for sure what was going on.

Anyway, the party was fun, we had food (see below) and hung out and talked. Played a game of Pictionary (remember this is an old people's, Mormon party...that's as wild as we get) and then the guys went upstairs to play pool while the woman...I don't know what they did. I assume they sat around and talked. The party emptied out by 10:45 or so, but Shena and I hung out for a "little while" longer. Actually, we stayed until Ed was falling asleep in the middle of our conversation. That was our clue we had stayed too long.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Shena and the boys ran all kinds of errands today. I know she got gas for $2.25 a gallon out at Costco...which was about .19 cents cheaper than anywhere else...this is starting to get ridiculous.
Arellano Update
Mom and dad watched the boys so that we could go to the party. They actually spent the night there, which was nice. We got to stay as late as we wanted. I heard they went out to eat at McDonald's and then went shopping.

Christensen Update
None to report that I know of.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 11:42 - 7:30 - it's like if I know what time it is when I go and lay down, my body thinks it isn't time to go to sleep until 11:40 or something...weird.

TODAY:
Breakfast: 1 bowl of cinnamon toast crunch

Lunch: flour tortillas with beans and leftover hamburger meat from taco salads yesterday, with cheese, kool-aid, the last of the chocolate cake (I'm sad to see it go) with milk

Dinner: holy cow...this could take a while...plain potato chips, dorito's, carrot sticks, fresh peas, broccoli (all with ranch dip, of course), croissant sandwiches (some ham and swiss with lettuce, some roast beef with american and lettuce, some turkey and swiss with lettuce), dr. pepper, lemonade, peanut m&m's, skittles, red velvet cake, milk...I think that is it...there were some shrimp cocktails, but I can't eat cold shrimp...has to be hot or I gag

0 comments: