Saturday, August 06, 2005

Dinner with the Stout's

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
Kind of a typical, busy Saturday. Cade and I went to a soccer camp thing that GYSA had over at Bryan Park. It was supposed to go from 9:00 - 11:00, but we had to leave a few minutes before 10:00 because he had a primary water fun day at the church. He had fun at the camp, and I think it would have done him some good to stay for the whole thing, but since it was "free" we didn't worrry about it. We dropped Cade off at the church, then the rest of us ran to Target, picked Cade back up (after getting him dried off and changed into regular clothes) we came home to grab a bit for lunch. We then headed back out for more errands: library, Omega Sports, Costco, Honda Dealership (where we got a cargo tray liner for the back of the van so that the carpet doesn't get ruined when Shena keeps her stroller in there or in case groceries or something along those lines spill) then Wal-Mart. We were trying to get some school supplies for Cade because this weekend was the "no sales tax" weekend (that only applies to school supplies). I think we got all we needed...not much to get for a kindergartner.

We dropped the boys off at mom and dad's about 5:00 to go to dinner with Zach and Kristy Stout who are in town for a week or so. Kristy is a friend of mine from High School and we got together last summer when they were out visiting her family...and she and Shena hit it off and Zach and I got along pretty well, too. So we determined to do it again this year. I guess it may become an annual event, assuming they come into town every year. They live in N. California, so it's not like we can get out to visit them. Anyway, we met them at the restaurant and then after dinner went to Kristy's parent's house out in Oak Ridge and talked for a couple more hours. We have a good time with them. Zach has to leave on Tuesday, but Kristy will be here for at least another week and so I think she and Shena are going to get the kids together (they have 4 little ones) at some point next week and have a play date. I'm sure I'll be working when that goes on.

We were supposed to be back at mom's between 8:30 and 9:00, but wound up getting there about 10:00. There was a bit of deja-vu for me...rushing back to the house (because I'm late for crufew) after visiting Kristy. Not sure how many times I did that back in high school, this time Shena is with me and we are hoping that mom isn't mad at us for being an hour later than we thought we'd be because we were having a good time talking.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
See above.

Arellano Update
None to report that I now of.

Christensen Update
None to report that I know of. I need to talk to Ryan and see if the new golf clubs his mom got for him were all that he hoped they would be. I'm sure he's taken every chance he's had to play.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 12:05 - 8:00

TODAY:
Breakfast: none

Lunch: tuna sandwiches on wheat, double cheese, frito's, kool-aid (the clear kind)

Dinner: Smokey Bones - Shena and I split a "pick 3" platter - we picked smoked turkey, pulled pork and 1/4 barbeque chicken, with mashed potatoes and bake beans as sides, we also ordered 1/2 a corn bread to split with the Stouts, I had some strawberry lemonade with dinner. At the Shelton's, Zach and I had a bowl of ice cream with bananas and brownies mixed in, covered with whipped cream. Two nights in a row I've eaten like a pig...ask me how much I care.

0 comments: