Sunday, August 14, 2005

"K-k-k-Cade"

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
Not much besides church today. Caught some of the golf tournament, wish it would have finished today. I can't believe that Tiger actually has a shot at winning the thing. 12 strokes back and barely making the cut to being within one stroke of the lead. Incredible.

Stopped by Slack's for a few minutes. The boys were getting kind of bored from being inside the house for so long, so we ran by to say hi. We almost interrupted their dinner, so we didn't stay long. Just kind of chatted for 45 minutes or so. Got us out of the house anyway.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Dad said Cade said to him yesterday "Grandpa, how's your mom? Is she better yet?" Made him feel good I think. Nice of Cade to think about her.

He's also been kind of excited to do schoolwork all of the sudden. He has a little "homework" book that he uses to practice writing his letters. He and Shena have been working on his name, and during sacrament today he wrote it on the program, and he started saying (kind of loudly) and jumping up and down "I wrote my name! I wrote my name!" He was really excited. It looked pretty good, except the "E" had like 10 lines coming out of it. We tried to get him to stop after three...but he kept drawing them.

He also got real excited today when he was able to get a chair over to the counter and got one of Shena's Cutco knives and cut some banana bread she'd made with the knife. He was yelling "I did it, daddy! I cut the bread in half!" That wasn't real cool. Scared the crap out of me, actually. At least he didn't come running with the knife or something. I shouldn't have left it out like I did.

Kelson had his own breakthrough today. Up to this point he didn't say "Cade" he said "Sthsthathe" (with the funny lisp he has). But as we were headed to Slack's, Cade kept going "K-k-k-k-Coit" (who is their 3 year old son). All of the sudden Kelson started copying him, so we got him to say "k-k-k-Cade." He was excited when he realized what he was saying.

Arellano Update
Marcos comes home tomorrow. We are trying to get out of Cade if he wants to go to the airport to see him or not. I'm sure he will when the time comes. He said "no" today...but I'll bet he changes his mind tomorrow night.

Christensen Update
None to report that I know of.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 11:22 - 7:52 - I wanted to go to sleep earlier, but Kelson didn't cooperate much. He was out wandering around until 11:00...we finally turned off all the lights in the house and locked our bedroom door...I went to check on him 20 minutes later and he was in bed with the covers over him...I think we may try that again tonight.

TODAY:
Breakfast: 1 bowl of frosted mini-wheats

Lunch: corn tortillas, re-fried beans, fried egg omelet, cheese, coke - had a couple of cookies and milk

Dinner: 2 more leftover sandwiches from Ed's b-day party, carrot sticks

0 comments: