Monday, May 09, 2005

I Swear I Left a Message on Friday

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
So the guy from Dutch Barns was supposed to show up this morning between 8:30 and 9:00 to look and see if they would be able to deliver the shed from their shop. At 9:15 I called over there to see where he was, and he claims that he left a message on Friday. So I wasted an hour of work waiting for this guy to come and he never shows up. What would you do in this situation? Me? Nothing. I said "ok, no problem, talk to you tomorrow then." If I was REALLY mad I would buy from somebody else...but there really isn't anybody else who can do as good of a job as Dutch Barns (they really are built well). And I can't talk to another salesman because...he's it. He's there only salesman (they don't get a lot of repeat customers...once you have a storage shed on your lot, you won't need another one for 20-25 maybe 30 years). The other thing I could have done was try to get a discount, but I'm too much of a wuss. When it comes time to buy a car in the fall (Shena's mini-van) I am going to have to make some changes so that I can be tough with those salesman. Anyway, he is supposed to be here tomorrow.

The construction guys showed up to work on the house. Finishing up the details now. They got the bench inside the bay window built and a lot of the trim finished inside. We decided not to put shelves on the bay window after all. We felt like it would make the space too small and they really wouldn't be deep enough for books anyway. I wasn't real crazy on the shelf idea anyway...that was something that Shena and Leon came up with in the beginning, so I wasn't too upset when she decided not to have them put on there. They also got most of the metal work around the edges of the house up. When they did that, they got the bird that was living in the eaves out of there (did I tell you about that? can't remember...long story short...they had pulled back some of the metal when they were building the addition and a bird started living up there in the eaves...stupid thing was pooping on our house every time it came out of there). So they got it out so it wouldn't get trapped up there and die then stink. Well they also found a nest in there...with baby chicks about 3 or 4 days old too. They put the nest in a tree close to the house, and Shena spent all day trying to get somebody to come out and take care of the chicks. We finally talked to a lady who does that, but she had a meeting tonight and couldn't make it over. She told me to listen for the chicks squawking as it got dark. If I couldn't hear them squawking, then the mother was there and she was taking care of them. I didn't hear them, so I went to bed. The guys did say they saw the mother climbing on the roof of the house trying to get in, but they never saw her find the nest. Hope she did.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
The boys were pretty good today. Not much else to report.

Arellano Update
Melissa had their baby about 1:00 am this morning. As of right now his name is "Arellano Baby Boy" because Adam and Melissa can't decide on a name. Not sure how long this will go on, but it could get ugly. Why don't they just call him "Cheeto" and get on with it? For more information on the birthing of the baby (and some VERY graphic c-section pictures) go here.

Christensen Update
Cherie finally got her mother's day gift that Shena sent over a week ago. I have no idea why it takes so long to get stuff out there, but it is borderline ridiculous. I guess we call it snail mail for a reason.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 11:00 - 6:50 - getting closer to 6:30, aren't I?

TODAY:
Breakfast: none

Lunch: Tracy's chicken (leftover from yesterday) sandwich on a bun with double cheese, toasted...pretty dang good...ruffles, A&W

Dinner: Some kind of dinner in a box thing...pasta with some white sauce with chicken pieces...I really should have read the box...I don't know exactly what it was...not bad for a boxed meal, though...also had a piece of cheese bread, water...had a couple home made twinkies for dessert (with milk of course)

0 comments: