Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Room Delays Continue

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
Well, the inspector finally showed up today. I won't get into all the "so and so said this and so and so should have done that" that is going on with the construction crew. But the inspector failed the HVAC, which means he will have to come out again (hopefully tomorrow?). The guys had left one of the ducts open so that he could see how it was done, but the inspector didn't know that because none of the construction guys were here when he showed up. He also said that they needed to do a "load calculation," which you may recall we had to do for the FIRST HVAC inspection. The inspector didn't bother to look through the paperwork that was in the permit box. He just openend the box long enough to check off "Failed". Shena is mad at everyone now...me, the construction guys, the inspector. One of the guys showed up this afternoon to close up the duct and to put the report up so it is covering the inspection board so that the inspector will see it. Hopefully it will pass now...but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I worked late. Got some good advice from Jim for about an hour as we talked about buisness and what I could be doing better, etc. I appreciate the time he takes to mentor me and guide me.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Not much went on at home today. Shena and the boys didn't even go anywhere, I don't think. When I got home from work Cade was asleep on the couch. Shena was feeling a little under the weather, so Kelson and I ran an errand for her to Target. He doesn't get to do that much. Usually it is Cade who gets to run the errands with one of the adults by himself. I think he was excited to be the one who got to go. When we got there, he didn't want to ride in a cart, he wanted to walk, so I just let him walk behind me. He wouldn't walk next to me (he was too busy looking around), but I could hear him slapping his feet against the floor as he walked, so I knew exactly where he was the entire time. It took us 3 times as long to run the errand with him running free like that. He was constantly finding something he recognized on the packages...Elmo, Dora, Shrek, The Incredibles...and whenever he saw one, he would run up to it, yell out "Daddy, 'credibleshh'...like...uh-huh." (He says "like" and hits his chest when he is telling you that he likes something) Then he'd pick it up and bring it over to me to make sure that I saw what he was looking at. He was in his own little world there for a while. I could have picked him up and carried him and it would have gone much faster, but we weren't in any hurry.

Arellano Update
Hardly talked to mom or Marcos today. I did get crap from Lettie about not writing in my blog last week. I expected to, so no big deal.

Christensen Update
None to report that I know of.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 11:03 - 7:20

TODAY:
Breakfast: none

Lunch: Double decker tacos (hard shell tacos with a flour tortilla wrapped around the hard shell)...meat, beans, cheese, sour cream, salsa. Pretty dang good. A nice change from what we normally eat. Also had a coke with that.

Dinner: Subway - I was in charge of dinner tonight, can you tell? I had an Italian BMT with extra white American cheese, toasted, light lettuce, honey mustard, olives and pickles. It was pretty good. Had a few sun chips with it and then had a couple Subway oatmeal and raisin cookies just before bed time.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is at least I was patient enough to wait a whole week before I complained! The only reason you didn't get a message from Marcos first is because he is there with y'all :)