Sunday, May 08, 2005

It Isn't REALLY Mother's Day Is It?

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
We had already decided to wait and "celebrate" Mother's Day on this coming Friday when mom and dad are back from CA, but I still felt guilty all day. I completely forgot to get a flower for Shena to wear to church until I got out of bed. And I was also going to make her some breakfast in bed...but completely slept through that too. What a jerk, huh?

Plummer's got a new grill last week and had been waiting for an excuse to use it and decided that today was the day. They invited us over the other night, but I didn't feel like we should be crashing their Mother's Day party, especially since Ed's parents were here. But I also felt bad for arguing with them about whether we were coming or not. So when Dede asked us again on Sunday at church if we were coming, I finally relented. We went over and spent the day with them. Ed's got a nice grill. He told me the way he buys "big" things like that is he opens Consumer Reports and buys their "best pick" regardless of how cheap or expensive it is. That is what he did with his grill. It's a nice one, I must admit. I have a little grill envy going right now. We of course played a little pool after and sat around and talked a lot. Nothing much to report there.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Cade was a little disapointed that we had to take the Incredibles game back to the video store, but he didn't pitch a fit. He amazes me sometimes how he can be such a good kid 80% of the time, then a real stinker the other 20% of the time. Drives me nuts, actually.

Arellano Update
Melissa went to the hospital today with labor pains. They also found out that she is no longer scheduled for her c-section on Monday. Somebody either deleted her name from the system on accident....or on purpose. A conspiracy? Maybe. Everybody has it out for the Mexicans.

Christensen Update
None to report that I know of.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 10:30 - 7:45 - nice guy, huh? Don't even get up early to make Shena breakfast on Mother's day. What a guy.

TODAY:
Breakfast: none

Lunch: none - just kind of snacked on a thing of yogurt, a couple cookies, some crackers

Dinner: Tracy's chicken, a couple bites of steak, baked beans, A&W - then we had some home made twinkies for dessert

0 comments: