Sunday, May 22, 2005

Last week Summary

Ok, so I've been really slack this last week about blogging, so I'm going to get back on the horse this week...but there is no way I can do a full entry for the last six days...so you are going to get the summary version. Sorry. But considering I haven't done this to you in the last 4 months, I think that is pretty good, no?

Wednesday - 18th
Hmmm...that was a long time ago. Can't seem to remember what went on that day. I think that is the day that Marcos had the idea that he wanted us all to go camping on Friday night. I got the day off and we started making plans to do so. We also found out that dad would be home from his Myrtle Beach golf trip on Thursday, and would be leaving early Friday morning to go to Mexico for an indefinite amount of time. Grandma Arellano is getting pretty sick and they don't know how much longer she will hang on. I feel bad for dad, but I think it will be a bit of a relief for him too...he worries too much about her.

Thursday - 19th
About the only thing I can remember for sure is that we went to a "Orientation" type thing for Cade's school (with Cade). It was supposed to be a pot luck, but apparently people don't know what pot luck means because only about 1/2 the people brought something. It was ok, nothing real exciting. They tried to get most of the kids out for part of it, but Cade didn't want to go into the classroom with them. He wanted to stay with mommy. I have a feeling the first week of school may be a little rough. I guess the teachers are used to dealing with that...but then again, maybe not. Maybe they are used to dealing with kids who have been in daycare or pre-school already and have no problem leaving their parents. Should be interesting. We also decided not to go camping after all. They were calling for rain most of the day, and we didn't feel like trying to sleep in the rain and dealing with all the mud and stuff. I was a little disappointed because I was looking forward to going, but oh well.

Friday - 20th
Since I had already asked for the day off, I still took it off. I didn't feel like going in to work. Did some chores around the house in the morning, then mom, Marcos and I went to see Star Wars (Shena said she wasn't interested). The movie was pretty good. Good enough for me, anyway. I thought it answered the questions about how people ended up where sufficiently. I'm not die hard, though, so take it for what it's worth. Shena painted while we were gone, and completely finished the room. We are still waiting on the inspections. Speaking of, we found out today that they didn't order an HVAC final inspection like they were supposed to, so they couldn't do the final inspection until they did. Shena was livid. That means it will be at least another week before we can get in. Now we are just paying for the room and can't use it...although we are anyway. Shena and I went test driving for the rest of the afternoon, with a break for dinner at Ham's in between the Toyota dealership and the Honda dealership. The boys were with Grandma and tio while we did test drives. The whole Sienna vs. Odyssey question will be for a different blog...because it would be a long one. Long story short, we can't decide which we like better. We would take either one if it was given to us, but since that isn't going to happen, we are really having a hard time deciding which one we want to pay for. We are 3-6 months away from buying, so we aren't in any rush, but it would be nice to know which we want so that we can keep our eyes open for a deal.

Saturday - 21st
I did yard work in the morning, then watched the boys part of the afternoon. Shena had a baby shower to go to for Susie Hiatt. The boys and I took over the bonus room as our own personal play room. Since Shena is done painting in there, it is a big empty room. We pulled Cade's basketball hoop and put it into the corner, brought some bean bags in and then played basketball and dodge ball. Well, Cade and Kelson played dodge ball. I just got to throw the ball at them. Don't look at me like that. They love it. They laugh the entire time or I wouldn't do it. It's not like I throw it at their head or anything. We watched the Plummer kids Saturday night. Ed and Dede hadn't seen each other much for the last couple of weeks, and we felt guilty for contributing to that "not seeing each other much" by being at their house all the time, so we offered to let them have a night to themself. We didn't ask many details about what they did...we didn't want to know.

Sunday - 22nd
Church, nap, then Plummer's. That is the usual, isn't it? Marcos went over with us this time, since he was bragging about how good he was at pool. Let's just say that I won the last two games of the night...that is all I have to remember. We had a good time, though. Enough said.

0 comments: