Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Dutch Barn On It's Way

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
A few things I failed to mention in the summary:
We went and saw Madagascar on Friday afternoon with the boys and Grandma and Marcos. I took a long lunch break in the middle of the day to go and see it. Loved the movie, thought it was very funny. Go see it, the end. I also got off early (4:00). Since it was Memorial day weekend, everybody else was out of the office about 3:00, and then Jim decided we should go home too.

Saturday Shena had a wedding shower to go to for Kristi Yow, which meant the boys and I were on our own. We decided to go to Costco to get some frozen stuff to put into the freezer. Before I left, Shena warned me not to buy those Cheesecake Factory Cheesecakes again...she didn't like that it cost $14. I was tempted to get it just to bug her, but decided not to. I should have. When I got home she said "I thought you'd buy it anyway." I'll have to be sure to get some next time we are there. The boys were great, though. Behaved themselves very well. We saw Plummer's as we walked into the store...and of course got invited over that night.

I had a sneaking suspicion that Dutch Barns would call sometime this week to deliver the storage shed. The salesman told me that it would be 4 weeks, but I thought he was just giving them extra time in case. You know "under promise, over deliver." So they called today to set up the delivery. They should be here tomorrow between 2 and 4. Said they would call me on my cell just before they left the shop so that I could meet them at the house, which was nice. I didn't have to sit there from 2 to 4 not knowing how long it would be until they got there. Excited to get it put in...silly, isn't it? I must be getting old.

We also got Time Warner (internet) called so that they could come out and get the cable jack hooked up to their lines. They will also be here tomorrow...sometime between 7 and 10. Bigger window, and they don't bother to let you know they are on there way...you just better be there. Shena is supposed to come into the office, so I guess mom will have to sit at our house to watch the boys instead of them going over to her house.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Didn't do much tonight, but shoot hoops and wrestle with the boys. They seem to go to bed easier when I spend some time playing with them. I just tell them "we'll for a few minutes, then it's time for bed, you got it?" They don't seem to mind when I tell them it is time.

Arellano Update
Shena talked to Marcos for a minute this afternoon. He called to get directions down to Grace from Pocatello. Pretty sad, but he was lost in that little town. Didn't know how to get to the highway. I guess I have been out there enough to know how to get around...I don't know that he has ever driven out there, so I guess it is excusable. Said he was going to go down and play some golf while he had a chance.

Christensen Update
None to report that I know of.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 10:15 - 6:30 - this week I'm really going to do it...6:30, every morning

TODAY:
Breakfast: 1 bowl of frosted mini-wheats

Lunch: None - Shena and I were having a disagreement during my lunch break, which caused me to not want to eat. Not her fault, mine.

Dinner: Costco frozen food stuffs...Chicken teriyaki and white rice, brocoli, carrots...ok for frozen food, but not great. Shena liked it ok, but I didn't necessarily. I was still a little hungry after the teriyaki, so I had a couple pieces of wheat toast with butter and strawberry jam with milk. Shena wanted an ice cream sundae from McDonald's, so when I went to get it I also got me an Oreo McFlurry.

0 comments: