Friday, May 13, 2005

Mother's Day Celebration

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
A fairly quiet day at work. Not a whole lot of phone calls going on, which is pretty typical for a Friday. It gave me some time to do a little studying for my CLU course I am taking right now (Legal Aspects of Life Insurance). I will be taking that test in about 4 weeks, so I've got to keep plugging away at that. I didn't go home for lunch today either because they are re-paving Elm Street right in front of the building and there was traffic backed up there most of the day...plus Shena was at mom's which adds about 15 minutes to my commute time. I probably would have had 10 minutes to eat once I got there to be back in an hour. Didn't seem worth it today.

After work we went out to eat with Mom and Dad to "celebrate" Mother's Day. We went to the Village Tavern. For some reason dad doesn't like it much and so we hardly ever eat there, but he relented since both Shena and mom wanted to go there. It's good stuff. Maybe that is where we will take Zach & Kristy Stout when they visit in August.

After dinner, we stopped at our house to open presents. The boys and I got Shena a blue "Life is Good" with the guy doing a Tiger putter pump. Shena also got a pair of Braves pajama pants from my parents, and then all of us kids chipped in and got mom a Braves stadium blanket (a great big one that is not real useful during baseball season in Atlanta...I don't think she will be using it when we go to the game in July with Bart & Ryan).

The boys went with grandpa to his house after that while mom went to her book club. Shena and I went to Lowe's and friendly to pick up some stuff...nothing exciting so I won't report it. Let's just say I don't mind going shopping with Shena every now and then...but every time I do I remember how bad I hate shopping (and it's nothing against Shena...she really isn't bad at all, she gets in and out pretty good...it's just the shopping in general I don't like).

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
What else can I tell you that I haven't already? Nothing.

Arellano Update
Same thing here...except to say that we found out Marcos is coming home tomorrow night at 7:50 on Delta...in case any of you want to meet him at the airport...

Christensen Update
None to report that I now of.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:^
Sleep: 12:00 - 7:15 - I'm never going to get up at 6:30 if I keep going to sleep at 12:00

TODAY:
Breakfast: None

Lunch: Taco Bell - grilled chicken stuffed burrito (those things are pretty big), water

Dinner: Yummy...Village Tavern - I ordered a bacon and cheese grilled chicken with fries, Shena ordered a cheeseburger with chips. We cut our sandwiches in half and split them. So good. So, so good. I also WANTED to order a cheese cake (traditional cheese cake, stacked on top of a chocolate cheesecake, divided by chocolate cake, topped with raspberries and chocolate and raspberry sauce...mmmmm), but there was no way I could eat all of it, so I settled for a key lime pie, which was dang good itself. I had water to wash it all down.

0 comments: