Sunday, May 15, 2005

1/2 Stake Conference

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
Had Stake Conference this weekend. We have yet to be able to stay for the entire two hours with our boys...and this year was no different. We sat in the Primary room prepared with coloring books, cars and food. We still only made it about an hour. Kelson was the one who caused us to go home this time. Cade probably would have been ok for another 45 minutes or so. That's what happens, though.

Had lunch with the Idaho Group. We had a mini-baby shower for Susie Hiatt, who is due in a couple weeks. I actually missed most of the party because I fell asleep reading "A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy." I've never read it before, and Marcos brought it home. He wanted to read it before he went and saw the movie. When I saw how short the book was, I figured I could have it done in a day or two. It's quick reading. Pretty funny book, too. Hope the movie is ok...if not, I'm always one to be satisfied with cool special effects...

For example...we watched "I, Robot" with the Plummer's tonight. I saw it in the theaters a while back and thought it was pretty good. After I watched it again tonight, I realized that the story itself was kind of weak with a lot of plot holes and unnecesary characters...but I didn't notice the first time because I was so impressed with the special effects. Anyway, who cares, because really, I'm not a movie critic anyway.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
After the movie was over at Plummer's (about 9:00), we ran home and put pajamas on the boys, then took them over to mom and dad's house. They had wanted to stay the night last night, but we didn't think it was a good idea with church and all. They were still excited to spend the night tonight, though. As we drove home they both about fell asleep, and then even after changing into their pj's and getting their stuff together, they still almost fell asleep again on the drive over to mom's. But when they got to the house, they were wired. Grandma put on "A Knight's Tale" for them, made some popcorn, and they were ready to go. Marcos was trying to get them to go to sleep so that he could sneak off and go out with his buddies, but I don't think they cooperated very well.

Arellano Update
None to report.

Christensen Update
None to report that I know of.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 1:30 - 3:00, 3:30 - 4:30 (on the couch), 5:00 - 7:30, 7:45 - 8:45 - my bad was pretty stiff after all that yard work yesterday...had a hard time getting comfortable, as you can see...long, long night

TODAY:
Breakfast: none

Lunch: Tracy's chicken, scalloped potatoes with cheese, corn on the cob, rolls with home made strawberry jam, root beer, strawberry shortcake for dessert - very, very good lunch today

Dinner: (late...about 9:00) - had a couple of mini-candy bars at Plummer's before this, to tide me over...but had left over tracy's chicken on corn tortillas with cheese and a coke as we dropped off the boys at grandma's to spend the night

0 comments: