Thursday, May 12, 2005

This one time, while I was surfing...

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
I stumbled across this website of some crazy guy in Utah. Just so you know...this is how good I wish my blog was. When I'm writing it, I'm as funny as Eric D. Snyder. I know it's not that funny when you read it...but it's that funny when I write it. Anyway...for some reason I was wondering if "Five Buck Pizza" had a website, so I did a quick Google search. Didn't find a website for them, but found this guys website (he made mention of Five Buck at some point in the site). Turns out he is the original founder of "The Garrens" (a comedy troupe that is quite famous in the Provo area). I've never actually seen a show live, but I've heard all about them. Of course this guy knows one of my buddies who used to be a part of The Garrens, Aaron Johnston. Anyway, long story short, it's a pretty funny webiste (my favorite part here, good articles, etc. Drop by if you are into Mormon comedy.

Work was fine today. Nothing exciting. After work was fine today. Nothing exciting. The end. Seriously...didn't do much tonight. Tried to go to Elder's Quorum meeting, but nobody else showed up (have I been kicked out of the club and I don't know it?), watched a couple of Star Wars parody movies on atomfilms.com (nothing really that great, except for this one that is a parody of Star Wars that is a parody of Napolean Dynamite called "Anakin Dynamite,") but I don't know what I was expecting). I just did a lot of surfing tonight...haven't done that in a while. Shena and I also finally watched "The Amazing Race" finale that was on two nights ago. I knew who won, she didn't. She kept getting mad at me for not telling her. Even five minutes before it was over she was yelling at me to tell her who won. She couldn't even wait five minutes. So sad.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
The boys were pretty good today, except Kelson broke our bay window bench already. Shena had it on a stool to paint and he decided he wanted the stool so he pushed the bench off the stool. One of the guys fixed it, but it doesn't look as good as it did before. Destructive little kid.

Arellano Update
Mom and dad had the boys over for part of the day. Didn't take much talking to get them to go. Shena said that when Kelson woke up from his nap in the afternoon he was a little grouchy, but when she told him that she was going to piano lessons he said "Grandpa? Me?" And cheered right up.

We ate at mom and dad's for dinner, and afterwards they came over to see the work that had been done on the West Wing that they had missed the last two weeks.

Christensen Update
Alyssa called and said that she was pregnant, so that is exciting news. This will be their first baby. She and Shena talked for a few minutes, and Cade and Kelson talked to her too. The funny part was when Kelson was on the phone, Cade was telling him what to say, like Shena does when she is with Kelson and he's on the phone. If you don't prod him, he just sits there.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 12:15 - 7:35 - picking up mom and dad so late threw me off!

TODAY:
Breakfast: 1 bowl of frosted mini-wheats

Lunch: One piece of Domino's cheese pizza (left over from last night), some fresh strawberries and whipping cream, an oreo cookie and a small glass of milk

Dinner: pinto beans, home made corn tortillas and cheese, coke - had a couple of oreo cookies and a banana with milk just before bed...all this talking about food reminds me of another skit I read on Eric D. Snyder's website that I thought applied to me...what do you think?

0 comments: