Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Dead Birds

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
Had a hard time working today. They are doing some road work on Elm Street, right outside my window. They were jackhammering a good part of the day and I am too easily distracted. That bit (not exactly "a bit"...more like a lot) of noise was bugging me. I couldn't concentrate very well. I think they are done after today, though...thank goodness.

The guy from Dutch Barns did show up this morning. He thinks there shouldn't be a problem having the shed delivered, so we went ahead and placed the order. We will be getting the 10x12 like we wanted. Should be here in 3 or 4 weeks he said. I'm hoping that he is "under promising and over delivering." I'd love to have it out there faster than that. We'll have to wait and see.

The baby birds didn't make it. When I went out to check on them this morning they were all dead. Apparently the mother never came back. I guess that lady we talked to on the phone didn't know what she was talking about or something. I feel kinda bad about it, but I sure wasn't going to pay somebody $50 to come and get them. And I thought the lady knew what she was talking about, too. Listen to me...sounds like I'm rationalizing, doesn't it?

They finally finished the trim inside the house. One of the guys came back at the end of the day to caulk all the trim and windows so that Shena could paint tomorrow like she wants. We are down to about 3 things left on the house...just wish they would hurry up and do it. It seems to be taking forever.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Shena had Relief Society Enrichment Night, so the boys and I were on our own. She and Becky Hiatt went and picked strawberries yesterday morning so that they could make jam tonight. It was apparently a pretty popular activity. They gave out the recipe to everybody there, which it sounds like was the main reason they got such a turnout. After her meeting, she took a contained of strawberry jam over to Dede, who didn't go. It was almost 10:00 before she got home.

Shena took Kelson to get his 2 year pictures taken today. She said she tried to get pictures of both of the boys together, but none of them turned out. Sounds like it is too tough a job to handle on her own. Our two little boys are a handful alone, let alone together. They didn't cooperate much when it came time to take the pictures. We got one good one of Kelson, anyway. Many of you will be receiving a copy in the mail. If you don't get one, and want one, let me know.

The boys and I did a little yard work while Shena was gone, cleaned one of the windows (where the bird had been pooping all over the side of the house as she came in and out), then we hung out and played Playstation until bed time. When I mentioned something about going to bed, Kelson disappeared into his room and came out a few minutes later with the pajamas he wanted to wear. He tried to dress himself and was very nice about asking me to help him when he needed it. He can be so cute sometimes...while other times you just want to tan his hide for the mischief he is getting into.

Cade was a really good kid today too. After we came in from working outside we cleaned the living room and their bedroom (all toys everywhere). Kelson helped pick up the living room, but when it came time for the bedroom, Cade did about 90% of it by himself...and didn't complain once. He worked really hard and put everything away. I didn't even really have to tell him where to put things or what I wanted picked up. It may not seem like much to you, but for us it is exciting. He's becoming more self-sufficient. We are working on turning off his bedroom light when he leaves the room, this week. He has gotten into the bad habit of turning it on, but not off. He's getting better at it.

Arellano Update
Still no resolution on the name of the new Arellano baby boy. Mom and dad fly back from SD tomorrow night..late.

Christensen Update
None to report that I know of.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 10:45 - 6:40 - see...told you I was getting closer to 6:30

TODAY:
Breakfast: 1/2 bowl of honey nut cheerios...I didn't plan on eating breakfast this morning, but Cade asked for cereal, and both Shena and I fixed him a bowl...so I wound up eating the one I fixed.

Lunch: Leftover pasta from last night, leftover bread from last night, milk, a homemade twinkie

Dinner: Cheese stuffed shells with spaghetti sauce, covered with cheese, milk, had a cookie and a home made twinkie before bed.

0 comments: