Saturday, May 07, 2005

Golf in Charlotte

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
Crazy, long day today. I got up early to go down to Charlotte to play golf with a HS buddy I hadn't seen in a while. We talk every now and then and we have been talking about playing for a long time, but just have never done it. He brought along a buddy of his and the three of us played a course called Springfield in Pineville. Not a bad course, especially considering I didn't have to pay greens fees, just the cart fees. I didn't play well, but we had a good time and it was a beautiful day (75 and sunny). I got home about 4:30.

After a quick shower, we ran by Plummer's to pick up Hank because the rest of the Plummer's were going to the play and we wanted to go out to JC Penney to look at some area rugs for the addition. He came willingly without getting too upset. Dede had been talking it up all day and she said he was excited to get to come and play at Cade & Kelson's house. We had a good time at JC Penney. The boys were all riled up and running around the store chasing each other and stuff. We spent about 20 minutes at the store...Shena shopping while I tried to entertain the three wild men. Cade said he had to go to the bathroom, so we headed to the other side of the store as Shena finished up ordering a rug from the catalog. She said she would meet us out in the car. When Cade and I got back, Hank was crying. She said he started crying when I left and said he wanted to go home. He wouldn't talk to us the rest of the way home. Shena said nobody else was hungry and we were driving past Hardee's, so I took advantage. I would like to eat their burgers more, but I don't get the chance to very often. We got a large fry for the boys, thinking that would help Hank a little. He loves french fries as much as C & K, so we thought we could bribe him to be happy to be with us. I had to stop and get gas and when I got out he started crying again. Not sure if it had anything to do with me leaving or not...I think it was just coincidence. When we got home he calmed down and played video games with C & K until Dede stopped to pick him up. Overall, I think it was a good experience.

On the way back from the mall we saw something that was hilarious. I will tell you right now nobody got hurt, so it is ok to laugh. We were driving on the little piece of road between Rice Toyota and Pisgah Church. We had just turned right onto the road when some hefty guy was coming the other way on a bullet bike. For some reason he was stopping in the middle of the road...but as he stopped he kind of wobbled on the bike. Looking back now, that should have been a bad sign for him...but he ignored it. Just as we were going past him he tried to peel out (held down the front brake while he opened the throttle)...and I guess he let go of the brake too quickly because all of the sudden the bike started moving forward then wobbled, then he wiped out and layed his bike down. As we looked in the rear view mirrors, his buddies he was trying to show off for came running out into the street to pick up the bike and get him out of the road. Hilarious. That's what he gets. maybe you had to be there.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
You've heard it already.

Arellano Update
None to report that I know of.

Christensen Update
None to report that I know of.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 11:00 - 5:30 - hmmm...let's see, I can't get up early to go to work all week, but when I have to be up early to go play golf, I don't seem to have a problem...weird, isn't it?

TODAY:
Breakfast: none

Lunch: Hot dog at the golf course ($4 hot dog too)...it was good, but not $4 good. Coke.

Dinner: Hardee's - 1/3 lb bacon cheeseburger, fries, Sprite

0 comments: