Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Going to Cirque in November

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
I bought some Cirque du Soleil tickets today. Shena and I normally take an anniversary trip in July, even though we were married in December. I am in charge of planning it this year (we alternate who is in charge of planning each year...and we usually make it a surprise what we are doing, too.). But because Shena got an e-mail a couple of days ago saying Cirque was going to be in Charlotte end of October, she informed me that would be our trip this year. Not much of a surprise for her. I will have to come up with another way or something else to do on the trip that will be a surprise for her. Anyway, I screwed up in buying the tickets. She mentioned it to Dede, and she expressed some interest in going with us. Shena told me that, but it didn't sound very definite to me. So I thought I would be cool and surprise her a little bit and go ahead and buy the tickets today so that she would know we were going for sure and so that we could for sure have good seats. Well, I only bought two tickets and didn't consult with Shena. She wasn't very happy with me...even though she pretended not to be upset. She said that Dede was more serious about going than I thought. She called Dede and told her what night we had tickets for (Friday, November 11, 8:00) so that Dede could get her own tickets the same night. Maybe we can still go together, just not sit next to each other. That is what I get for trying I guess.

We had the missionaries over for dinner. Then I went out with them on their appointment they had with a guy named Brandon. Nice guy, very analytical, very intelligent. He served in the Peace Corps for a couple of years so that right there tells you about his good character. The appointment went well. We've got good missionaries here right now, they do a good job teaching.

I didn't get back from being out with the missionaries until about 9:15, but I just HAD to watch "Lost" last night before I went to bed. It was a new episode, and I didn't want to go a whole other day without knowing what was going on. Good episode last night. Such a good, edge of your seat show. I'm glad we started to watch it from the beginning. Still not watching it? You're missing out. Maybe the first season will be on DVD in the fall and you can catch up then.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Cade came into our room at 7:00 this morning..."Dad, can I play Incredibles?" Not "good morning" or "I'm hungry"...Incredibles is all he wanted. He wound up only getting to play for a few minutes, but I thought it was funny that was the first thing he wanted to do. Maybe funny isn't the word for it. It bothers me that he wants to do that so much. Scares me, even. I wish our backyard was grassed in so that he could spend some time out there instead...I can't really make him go outside right now...no place for him to go.

Kelson was throwing stuff at the missionaries last night while they were trying to share a "spiritual thought" with us. One or two things are ok...but that kid just doesn't listen...and it's never good to beat your kids senseless in front of company, so we just kept telling him "no". He actually hit one of the missionaries in the nose with a mini-basketball. That got me upset and he had to go and sit on the mat (it's hard to be spiritual when your two year old is screaming from down the hall). After he came out I told him to tell the missionary he was sorry...Kelson hugged his legs instead. Pretty cute...if it wasn't so embarassing that he was throwing stuff at them.

Arellano Update
Talked to mom for a minute today. She was on her way to pick up Lettie at the airport. I didn't realize that Lettie was even going to San Diego, but of course I'm usually the last person to know these kinds of things. I asked mom if they had anything planned. She gave me some vague answer like "oh yes, of course Melissa, Lettie and I have planned several things." She didn't give up any details so I guess she doesn't want anybody to know about what these big plans are. Maybe she was afraid I'd tip my dad off about them.

Christensen Update
Forgot to mention that I talked to Sky a couple of days ago. He is getting close to finishing school, which I know he is excited about. I miss hanging out with Sky and Kyle. We have a good time when we do. I should do a better job of calling both of them every now and then.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 11:30 - 7:00 - I've decided that if I can't get myself to sleep before 11:30, I will probably never get up at 6:30 every morning. I'm not sure how to do it, though. 11:30 seems to be the earliest I can get to bed. Somethings got to give because I have GOT to start getting up at 6:30.

TODAY:
Breakfast: none

Lunch: corn tortillas and beans with cheese, water - had a single scoop of Rocky Road ice cream (it was the only kind of "dessert" we had around the house...and I needed something sweet).

Dinner: Shena's beef BBQ sandwiches, Ruffles (with ridges), tuna pasta salad, CLEAR kool-aid (did you get that? I said "CLEAR." Weirdest thing I've even drunk (or is it dranken?). Looks just like water, tastes just like kool-aid. I wasn't going to have any, but I just had to try it. It was actually pretty good once you got past the way it looked.) We had brownies with vanilla ice cream and caramel and chocolate syrup on top. Good stuff...and I was completely stuffed by the time dinner was over.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think it is just 'drank'