Wednesday, June 01, 2005

One 10'x12' Shed - One 60 yr old Delivery Guy

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
I skipped lunch at work today thinking that I would be able to run home when the shed showed up, then come back to work after. Well, they called at 2:30 to let me know they were on their way. I left the office about 10 minutes later to meet up with him. Long story short, I didn't go back to work. Took the poor guy about 2 hours to get it off the truck and leveled, etc. I don't know why, but they only send one guy out to set the thing up. He didn't have any problems getting into the back of the house. It was a little tight, but he had about 6 inches on either side of the truck as he drove on the side of the house. It had rained a little bit during the day, but the ground wasn't saturated at all. They are calling for more rain the rest of the week, so I'm glad they got it in today. I would have had to call and tell them to wait several days after it quit raining other wise. It might be two more weeks before they'd be able to come out. Anyway, like I said earlier, I thought the drop off would take about 45 minutes or so. It was a much slower process than that...even the boys got bored of watching him set it up. They were excited at first, but that didn't last long. Just as he was finishing up, it started to sprinkle somewhat heavily, so I was thinking about putting a couple of things out there really quickly, then I remembered that I have a building permit out on the shed, so I will have to have a final inspection done before I can use it. I also realized just how much dirt there is between the grass behind the house and the shed. I don't think I will be keeping my lawn mower out there until we have some grass. It would suck to have to drag it through the mud if the day ever came that it had been raining several days before, but I needed to mow. So, no it appears that I will have a storage shed that I won't use much for a while. Oh well...it had to be done at some point, and I would rather that they deliver it before there is grass down, than have them tear up a bunch of new grass.

The cable guy also showed up this morning. I didn't know that he was going to ask for money before he left (I assumed they would bill us), so we didn't leave anyway for mom to pay. She had to pay for it herself (actually part of my sneaky plan).

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Shot hoops again with the boys, even though they weren't very good for Shena. While the guy finished putting up our shed, she went to see Craig & Susie Hiatt, who had their baby a couple of days ago. She took the boys with her and said that they were the worst they had ever been in public. Cade kept pushing buttons on Susie's bed to move it up and down, Kelson hit the emergency call button so nurses came sprinting in. She said he also took off running dow the hall at one point. How can they be such good kids when we are at home but terrors in public? Frustrating. Seems like I say that all the time about trying to control our kids, but that is what it is, frustrating.

Arellano Update
Talked to Adam for a few minutes this evening. He was stuck in California traffic and was bored, so he called. To find out what he is up to, visit his website (link on the right).

Christensen Update
Cherie asked me to update part of their golf course's website. I put this thing together for them a couple of years ago as a final project for a class I took at Guilford College. The hard part was putting it together, the easy part is maintaining it.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 10:15 - 6:25 - woke up just before the alarm clock today...I think I hate waking up to the alarm clock so much that my body tries to avoid it by waking me up early

TODAY:
Breakfast: 1 bowl of frosted mini-wheats

Lunch: Wendy's - Classic double with cheese, no onion, no tomato, fries, coke

Dinner: Egg, cheese and Pace salsa burrito's, oj - had some milk and chips ahoy just before bed

0 comments: