Friday, February 29, 2008

Thursday happenings!


I woke up feeling ok, not great but ok. I really wanted to go to the gym since I haven't been in days! However, the more I got into cleaning the more I thought I really should take advantage of feeling up to it. I was going to just cleaning the surfaces, ya know... the floors, sinks, bathrooms. But the more I got into it the more I kept going. The kids rooms were always a mess with toys everywhere. It was mostly junk collected from happy meals, schools, and kids birthday parties. I threw away garbage bags full of junk! I did without the kids help because I pretty much know what their favorite toys are but they don't. They insist every toy is their favorite. Since Analise got a nice wooden kitchen for Christmas I decided I was going to throw away the old McDonald's set away. Kelson was so sad when it got sat out on the curb with the garbage cans. I really thought the garbage man would take it. Nope- he just ran over it shattering into little pieces all over the road. I then I had to go sweep it up and save it for next week. Dang garbage men! Their rooms look so much better. I vacuum and cleaned around the washer and dryer- that was gross. Looks like a whole new space now. I dug out coat closets, junk drawers, show baskets, the list goes on. Cade, the little stinker, didn't even notice it was clean. Feels great to have a clean house. Feels like forever since it's been this way. We do ok on keeping clutter down and surfaces clean. But the closets and the toy baskets sure build up and that's what drives me crazy. My next goal is go through the attic and perhaps have a yard sale. I'm trying to decide if it's going to be worth my time and effort. We shall see what the man says. I didn't shower until after Cade got home. He said something about him leaving in the morning and coming home to find me still in my pj's. I just told him that I had been working so hard I hadn't had time to get ready for the day. What's the point at that point. If I hadn't have had to take him to practice and teach a knitting class that night, I probably would have just opted for a bath and back into pjs.
Cade had soccer practice at 4:30pm. Practice nights always make for a crazy afternoon. Analise dislikes having to play in the car for almost 2 hours. Last night she said, "Mommy! BAfroom! Bafroom!" Ok crap is what I said. They practice right next to an elementary school but of course it was locked. And all mothers know that kids tell you at the very last second they have to pee. It's not like we had much time to run to a store or something. I called Cheeto and his idea was to let her pee outside. This is when having a boy would have been easier I opened my car door to shield the scene a bit and there she marked her territory right there in Jefferson Elementary school parking lot. I drove down away from all the other cars, when I was pulling out I realized I parked in the principal parking. Awesome huh! Oh the life of being a soccer mom!


Funny Kid Quote of the Day
Cade: "Mom, why do you always have to fix yucky stuff for dinner? Can't we just get Little Caesars.?"

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Hello....nice to meet you! Kinda! Thanks for all the nice things you said about the stuff I made. :) I find the fabric all over the place. For the most part I go to Joanns, Handcock, Handcock of Paducah (they are online store, google them!) and thrift stores! I love to thrift shop! The bags I made the last week were "AmY BuTlEr" fabric. She is beyond awesome...and the bag looks great in her fabric!
Oh...since you are a Steelers fan...in my ward we have "Mr. Ben's" cousin!!! Yep. How many Rothlesburgers (sp??) can there be, so I had to ask them!
Anyway.....thanks for the praise! Do you sew?

Stacey said...

Duh, sorry....Amy Butler is the fabric I used on the bags. I used the basic Simplicity #4668 view B pattern. I just tweeked a few things, like making the sides about 1 inch bigger and extended the length of the handle a few inches, and added a few extra pleats here and there!

Please post a pic of yours I would love to see when you get them done!
Yeah...I am so excited to see what you come up with!