Monday, February 11, 2008

Big Girl Bed!

Analise usually sleeps on her tummy with her butt in the air. When I put her down for her nap this is how I left her. She didn't move the entire 3 hours. Wow- anyone think she was tired?


The past few weeks I have caught lil' miss thang trying to scale her way in and out of her crib. One afternoon I found all 3 ninos in there. I don't think cribs are meant to hold 120lbs worth of jumpy children. As I was trying to lie Analise down at 4am this morning, I trip and stumbled over many play kitchen pots and pans. I was helping Analise clean it all up this morning and had the idea of taking the rail off the crib. Once I did Analise gave a look of concern. I told her to go ahead and jump in and that it was a "big girl" bed. She was so pleased with herself. She sat there for the next hour as Kelson pretended to make her breakfast in bed. It was adorable! I was nervous to see how much of a fight it was going to be get her to stay in bed for her nap. To my surprise... she got in and under her "Mama C blanket" and slept the next 3 hours. We both needed that after last night. She was so pleased with herself as she woke up and just got out of bed. At that point, I figured tonight was going to be the problem then. Neither one of the boys were so willing to stay in bed the first few days after changing from the crib. Well, I put her down 45 minutes ago and haven't heard a thing. I just checked on her and she is gone. YIPPEE! Perhaps we can all get some sleep tonight. I wish Cheeto were here so I could get some real sleep. That just never happens when he is gone. Cheeto got to Atlanta safe and is probably having a great time with his brother, Marcos. It's good for Cheeto to have that time with just guys. I know I get my girls' nights right along and Cheeto rarely goes with the guys. #1 reason think is because there are so few things guys together for. I can't see guys going to dinner and desserts, or shopping and a movie. I just hope tomorrow greets us all well-rested and happy.




0 comments: