Tuesday, February 12, 2008

We made it through another day!

I made it through another day! Single parenting is for the birds! The kids are really missing their father. Each one of them woke up this morning looking for Cheeto in his bed. The covers on our bed were obviously slept in by me and Analise thought that Cheeto was still in them. She ran up calling... DADDY! DADDY! I think she was getting quite upset that he wasn't answering her back until I flipped them up so she could see that Daddy was gone. That really made her upset. I think she thought I was teasing her. Kelson prayed that Daddy would be here in the morning. Cade is the only one that really understands why he's gone and when he's coming back. Kelson and Analise don't really have a good perception of time. The kids were really good this afternoon. Cade had brought home some coupons for Krispy Kreme so we went and got Grandma o get donuts. As I got Analise out of her car seat, she started getting sad again that Daddy was still gone. One more day.... One more day!
Can I just praise Analise a little bit? As I posted yesterday, I made Analise's crib into a semi-big girl bed. She is doing a great job at sleeping in it and staying put. The boys were constantly getting out and playing. FREEDOM! Analise doesn't do that at all. I lie her down and 4 out of 4 times has just fallen asleep. And each time she wakes up she will wait on her bed for me to go get her. This morning I heard her stirring/fussing about 6am. My first reaction was I better go get her. Then I thought, she can come to me. She never came. I just heard her chatting to herself for the next 20 minutes. She did the same thing after her nap today. She doesn't even leave her bed. She sits on it and plays with her baby. Funny girl. If only I can keep Cade and Kelson from teaching her any different. That would be heaven! Analise also went all day with the same underwear. That's including her sleeping through her nap and keeping them dry. Awesome! An entire day has past and I haven't changed a diaper. She didn't make "yuckies" though. I think she is holding back on that part of potty training. Hopefully, we can have success with that tomorrow.
I had Cade sleep with me last night. Man, that child is a noisy sleeper. If he wasn't talking he was coughing or snoring! He does have his Daddy's warm feet. That was nice. I was watching the King of Queens when he came in my bed. I had paused the TV while I brushed my teeth. He was still half asleep and he said, "Hey, I know who that is. That is President Monson." It was a guy in a suit. I had to chuckle. I told him no, it was just an guy pretending to be a lawyer. He just laughed to himself and said, "I knew that." Kelson said it was his turn to sleep with me tonight. I don't think Kelson talks so much. I told Cheeto all of this and he said there are nights he hears Cade talking in his sleep. He said that it happens quite often. I guess he gets a little bit of that from me. We are vivid dreamers.
I have made a Dr. appointment for Thursday. Hopefully we can get some tests done that will show some results and get me feeling better. I'm awaiting the day free of pain. One that I can support my husband the way he needs me too and meet the needs of my family, ie. cooking, cleaning- all that mother/wife stuff. I'm blessed with a patient family.
Cheeto is working hard and playing hard in Atlanta. He went with Marcos to a Hawks basketball game tonight. He's got more appointments tomorrow morning and early afternoon and then should be home just before the kids go to bed. Cross your fingers!
Tia called and said they are coming to down this weekend. Yippee! We enjoy having them. The kids really like Trae. Kira is still to little for them to play with. There is a SVU basketball game here so we will probably going to that. Should make for a fun weekend.

0 comments: