Monday, February 18, 2008

weekend happenings

I wonder who wrote this in the top of my cake! They made me spice cake- my favorite!
The flash must have been off on my camera. These pictures are pretty blurry!
All the kids have to blow out the candles on birthday cakes, regardless of whose birthday it is.


What a weekend! Crazy busy! Cheeto did a lot of pampering. It's been a really rough few days. It doesn't matter what I'm doing, I just hurt. I want to just scream out, "WHY ME!" But why not, Heavenly Father tests everyone. This is just mine. I'm just not doing a good job at coping with it. I have been blessed with a good family that does a fabulous job at helping me along the way. Cade and Kelson are always there to help. And Cheeto, no words can express how much love I have for that man. He takes care of me like no other could. This weekend he pulled overtime. He was always there helping with kids, fixing meals, bathing kids, cleaning up, and keeping me in heat packs. Saturday was my birthday. Cheeto took the boys to the library to get books for Cade African American Bio Report that's due next week. I need to remember to get him working on that one. We made a Costco run. Afterwards, Cheeto went to fix the windshield wipers on the van. In doing so, he put rain-x and cleaned up his car a bit more. About 5pm we went out to dinner. Just Cheeto and I. I love our nights out. I was feeling crappy so we just went to Hams for dinner and Pazino's for dessert, which was a dangerous place to take Cheeto. He wanted a slice of everything. It was pretty tasty. We came home, watched Cops and went to bed early. On the days that I hurt all day, I get exhausted so easy. I'm usually wasted 5pm. Sunday was Stake Conference. I took advantage of the fact I didn't have a calling to fulfill. I stayed home. No point in suffering over there. It's not like we ever get anything out of conference with 3 kids jumping from lap-to-lap. We never make it through the 2 hours anyway. The kids are unbearable at about the 1 hour mark. Ya know, the length of sacrament meeting. We had dinner at mom and dad's with cake and ice cream. Cade and Kelson were excited that they had made my birthday cake. Cute kids! Marcos and Haley were in town which meant the dogs were too. Cade and Kelson enjoy playing with their dogs. They have to get it out of their systems while they are in town, because they know that their parents will never conceid to getting a dog. DOGS ARE NOT FOR US!!!!! I have not been of much use to anyone today. I haven't made far from the couch all day. I tried to run few errands this morning, which turned into a big mistake. At least I didn't have the kids. Dad offered to keep them for an hour so I could faster. I should have just stayed home. I did get my shirt taken back to Old Navy. Haven't I vented about them? NO- I'm started to hate OldNavy. It seems like everything I have bought there recently has worn out in 2 washings. Holes, Holes, and more holds. I'm refusing to buy anymore clothes there for myself. The kids stuff seems to be ok still. Just makes me mad. I bought a shirt in Florida from there. I wore it once down there and once since and it has multiple holes in it. I took it back hoping there was something they could do. When they rang it up it's value was now $2.99. The lady was nice and said she remembered them being $9.99. So she allowed me to exchange it for another $10.00 shirt. It wasn't a long sleeve one but it's still cute. At least I didn't come away empty handed.

0 comments: