Tuesday, February 05, 2008

It feels like s a Saturday - Tuesday

Teresa and Munsey
Our hair was lovely after the windy and humidity - what little there was.
It didn't make for a great hair day!


(I almost finished this post when something distracted me- it's taken me 24 hours to get back to it. Sorry it's posting date is 2 days late.)

So... as usual things are as crazy as ever. But at least the craziness the last 24 hours have been a blast! Cheeto had his work's annual awards banquet and golf open. Official title is the Navigon Awards Banquet and Golf open. This is the second year it has been held in Raleigh other years it has been at Grandover here in Greensboro. It started yesterday for Cheeto with a agents meeting. He and Teresa went together in the morning, then Munsey (Teresa's husband) picked me up around 4ish and we rode together. That way we could ride home with our spouses today. We checked in at the Hilton Garden Suites near the Raleigh Airport with about an hour's time to get ready for the awards banquet. The entire event was held at the Brier's Creek Country Club. WOW! What a nice golf course and club house. It was gorgeous. Dinner was great. Graham did a great job keeping things on time and running smoothly. I love nothing more when events run on time- especially when they don't run over. The key note speaker was a great motivator. We were both exhausted so we went back and went to bed. I had such motivation to run Tuesday morning as I was packing. By early afternoon I was hurting and had my doubts I would get through the dinner ok. Thankfully there was a lot of sitting. When we got back to the room that night I was still achy and sore from the days pains. Cheeto even walked with me to find the workout room in the hotel. I did get up at 6am- but just to use the bathroom. I had a conversation with myself, since Cheeto was still sleeping. I said to myself, " I have to got to be crazy to get up so early when I had no children pulling me out of bed and no one to get on the bus by 6:55am. Just go ahead and lay back down for an hour or so. OH- I was going to run. Oh well, I'm sure the golfing will cause me enough pain later. Might as well just wait until tomorrow to run." So what did I do? I went back to sleep until after 8am. I never do that. I just don't sleep in. I got up and showered and such. Our tee time was for 10am. Teresa and Munsey met us about 9:10am. Did I mention I forgot my make-up bag? I had the new thing of eye shadow I had bought just before leaving Greensboro. Thankfully, I have awesome friends that let me borrow eye liner and mascara. We stopped at Chik-fil-a on the way to the course and got some breakfast. The forecast was suppose to be 76 and sunny. It didn't start off that way. I was really glad I had a jacket. By the time we made the bend for the back 9 the clouds had just started to burn off and warm up. Before then, it was a bit cool and breezy. Our game also picked up by the back 9. We birdie'd 5 or 6 holes in a row. We finished at 2 under. Not bad for some un-seasoned golfers. Munsey was the only one that a golfed semi-recently. It had been over 9 years for Teresa and almost 8 months for Cheeto and I. It's really hard to improve your golf game if you never go. :) Graham fed us lunch at the club and then we came home. The kids were pretty excited to see us. I don't think they were ready for us to leave again, especially Cade! Mom said it had been a rough night for everyone. Cheeto went to work just about as soon as we got home. Getting the grumpy kids through dinner was a task! I had had it. All kids were in bed and asleep by 7pm. At least they were all more than willing to go to bed.

0 comments: