Monday, February 25, 2008

Miracle Weekend

Analise was so happy that we allowed her to play with a Leapster. This is usually a no-no at home. But it was the last 30 minutes and she was getting very restless. I figured it would be fine since she couldn't go anywhere with it.
Kelson, on the other hand, didn't know how to control himself. He cried the last 45 minutes. We tried everything we could but nothing was going to make this child happy. UNTIL.... Tia Lettie got in the car. Then he was talking like it was the best day he ever had.
I let Cade listen to my iPod. We were using Cheeto's over the van's stereo, so mine was just sitting there. This entertained Cade for most of the trip up and the trip back. I got a tiny climpse of what it's like to have a teenage with headphones. It was such a struggle to get him to take them off and listen. Those years are definitely ones I can wait for.



I have never felt better. Seriously, Friday night was so-so, still carried around a heating pad. We had a movie night at Teresa's and I was not feeling the greatest. But I so wanted to get out of the house. Last week I really don't go anywhere. To tell you how much I got out, we put filled up the van last Saturday and this Saturday morning there was only 50 miles on the car. We watched No Reservations with Catherine Zeta Jones. It was a cute movie. Not the romantic comedy I was thinking it would be. However, the language was clean and still had some funny parts. Friday night we decided to go to Buena Vista, VA Saturday to see Matt and Tia. Cheeto had some business he was suppose to get done last Thursday but because he got sick was unable to go. It was after midnight when I got home from Teresa's Friday night. I struggled to get out of bed Saturday morning. We left Greensboro about 9:20am and arrived in VA about noon. Cheeto wanted to go through Lynchburg on the way up. I had never been that way before. Matt and Tia said we were crazy to go through the mountain pass. Cheeto kept telling me it wasn't that bad. I get car sick pretty easy so after Matt and Tia had warned me. It was really no different that any canyon road found in Idaho, especially those that led to ski resorts. The kids loved it. We saw mountains, rivers, tiny- and I mean tiny lil' houses. Kelson really enjoyed that part of the ride. We got there, ate lunch, and just hung out. We had no where to be and no hurry to get back home. While Cheeto was working with Matt and Tia, I played seek-n-find the fire fighter toy. It was game we made up for the sole purpose of entertaining the boys. It was the same concept of hiding the music note in primary singing time and we told them hotter/colder in order to find it. It was a hit. They wanted to play it yesterday but it was raining outside. It was about half way through this game that I noticed I wasn't hurting. I had forgotten how it feels like to not hurt 24/7. Seriously- I felt better than I had in years. I pretty much got through Sunday the same way. It's a miracle! I do think it's probably a fluke thing, but it's nice while it's lasting. I have a dr. appointment with a GI doctor this morning. I hope he can give us some answers. Leaving all day Saturday through my house cleaning off and Cade's school project. He was suppose to make a Bio Box about a famous African American Athlete. He, with Cheeto's help, chose Jesse Owens. We had worked on it a little bit but still had the majority of the project to finish last night. Cade was a different kid this weekend. He was our angel child Saturday. No whines or complaints all day! And yesterday was pretty much the same. Normally I would have expected him to fight and complain his way through this project. But nope! He lost focus once or twice but he sat at the kitchen table for almost 2 hours writing. We were so proud of him! His project looks great. He did a great job! OH... I keep forgetting to blog this, mostly for me to remember. Kelson has this new saying that just cracks me up! The other day we were eating lunch. He had just finished his sandwich and he looked at me and said, "Mom, I think I'm still hungry." I asked him what he felt like eating. "Mom, I think my tummy really wants me to play the playstation." What? Was he serious? Yep- he was. Crazy kid! Analise just made history! She came up to me and told me she had to make "poopies." AND SHE DID! YES- one less poopy to change! HURRAY FOR ME! I mean Hurray for her!




0 comments: