Monday, February 11, 2008

Mid-sentence Puking

Wow! What a Sunday! I was is a lot of pain by 10am. Wasn't sure if I wasn't going to make it through my primary lesson. I fought it through and was very relieved when all my class had found their parents. I was walking out the doors of the church with a sigh of relief when I saw Kitty more had Analise and no other member of my family was to be found. Kristi Malcolm informed me that Kelson had been talking to her and in mid-sentence just threw up. That's the second time he has done that to her. The other time was trick-o-treating at her office when he ate a Jelly Belly and didn't like the way it tasted. Bless her heart she said she would take care of it and to just go get Kelson outside. She said he was with Cheeto and we all know Cheeto doesn't handle throwing up children- well anyone throwing up PERIOD! Kristi and Sister Hardy- thank you thank you for cleaning up such a disgusting mess! I found Kelson leaning over the flower beds throwing up. I stood by to motherly comfort him. He said he felt sick in class but didn't want Sister Williams to get mad at him if he threw up. Poor kid! We got some pitchers of water and cleaned up outside, grabbed a garbage bag and got home as fast as we could. Kelson threw up only one more time when we got home. He told me later that he didn't mind being sick if he got Sprite. You have to understand our kids don't get to drink sodas very often. We proceeded to go to dinner at Grandma's. Analise started gagging right before dinner. She does this every now and then just to get a reaction out of us. So a part of me thought that's all she was doing and another part of me was getting nervous thinking it's going to be a long night. She got her sippy cup and drank a bunch of orange juice even against my protesting. It was 10 minutes later she started throwing up. At least it was on the tiles and easy clean up. Grandma helped this time. WOW! So many people love us! Cheeto and I immediately rounded up Kelson and Analise to take them home. I thought it was best that Cheeto and Cade stay away. They stayed to eat and watch the Pro-Bowl. Cheeto is in Atlanta until late Wednesday night and didn't need to be around flirting with getting the bug. And we all know that Cade doesn't need it. Analise threw up almost every 30 minutes until after 10pm. I slept on the couch with her. Long story short- it was a really LONG night. Hopefully they will all sleep better tonight even though Cheeto is gone. So my agenda today starts off with cleaning and laundry! Yummy! At least it was only about a 6 hour flu.

0 comments: