Monday, July 18, 2005

"You're the bum!"

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
I got home for lunch today...and I normally don't even look at the computer, but Shena had asked me to make a change to outlook that she wasn't sure how to do. So I sat down and opened the program. In comes an e-mail from my long lost college buddy Jimmy Rae (aka Dallas). He said he wasn't talking to his Aunt Virginia and Uncle Bob who live in Greensboro. Turns out Jimmy and Gordon Lundrigan are cousins and pretty good friends. Pretty wild. All the times I have talked to the Lundrigan's about Canada, I've always said "my buddy in college used to say..." or "my buddy from Canada told me..." But I never said his name. We talked to Bob & Virginia about Shena's family who was from Alberta, but for some reason I never asked them if they knew Jimmy Rae. I guess I figured that Calgary was too big a city to even try. It used to bug me when I was out West and I would tell people that I was from NC. "Oh yeah? Do you know Jack B. Nimble? He's from NC. Somewhere close to the beach, I think." Yeah, I know Jack. I know all 15 million people (or whatever) that live in NC. I've heard that foreign missionaries get that a lot overseas too. "You are from Idaho? That is in the US, right? Do you know Steve Jones? He's from NY." I digress. Unfortunately, Gordon is gone to Scout Camp all week with his boys and so I won't get to talk to him about it until Sunday. Can't wait, though. I've already pulled out some pictures to show them (which is really stupid...I mean, they already know what he looks like. And I'm sure they don't think that I'm lying about it...so it's not like I have to PROVE to them that I know him).

I did my daily check in at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Steelers page to check on movements with my team, when I saw this article. Talk about some steelies…this guy is incredible. Maybe that is the wrong word. Dude has issues, that is for sure.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Teresa and Munsey were going to do some painting in their bedroom tonight. I was a good husband and volunteered Shena to go over and help. Teresa came over one night to help Shena paint our West Wing, so I thought for sure we owed her that much. Actually, I didn’t volunteer Shena, I told Teresa that one of us would be there, then gave Shena the option of having some time away from the boys and the chance to hang out with her girlfriend and talk, or send me while she stays home with the boys. I didn’t really need to ask. She went.

While we were eating dinner, Shena said to me at one point “Cheeto, you’re the bomb!” I can’t remember why, but I’m sure it was well deserved. Anyway, suddenly Kelson goes “Your bum!” and starts pointing at his butt. I didn’t get it at first. I said “What?” Kelson goes (while pointing to his butt), “Your bum, daddy!! Your bum!” Hilarious.

I mentioned Cade's baseball glove, right? Here is a picture of it...his is the black/grey one.

Arellano Update
None to report that I know of.

Christensen Update
None to report that I know of.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 1:58 - 7:45 - I couldn't sleep for some reason last night...I got to watch a cool show about some detectives tracking down a serial killer, though. I should have been reading...that might have helped me go to sleep.

TODAY:
Breakfast: none

Lunch: Leftover roast beef sandwich on wheat with cheese and strawberry jam (don't knock it 'til you've tried it), a couple baby carrots, two pieces of apple pie...I have a good reason for that, really. That pie was about 3 or 4 days old I was worried that it was going to spoil...so I decided I didn't want it to go to waste!!!

Dinner: pasta with spaghetti sauce, covered with cheese, french bread, covered with cheese, water

0 comments: