Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Can I Borrow Your Truck?

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
Seriously...nothing exciting.

After work I went by Needham's to watch/help Jeff take apart the swing set so that I can get it back together at our house. It is all of about 8 bolts. Hard part will be getting to our house. I have to track down a truck to get the three pieces that remain at Needham's (brought home the slide and one board that attaches to the "fort" portion of the swing set and has a hand swing on it). After that, put the kids in their pj's and headed to bed myself...I am way too tired to NOT go to bed early tonight...5:00 is just not my time of the morning (see below).

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
We were supposed to feed the missionaries tonight and instead of cooking for them, we decided to take them to the restaurant. Last time we talked to them they said they loved Mexican but hadn't eaten at the restaurant before. Shena and the boys made cookies for them as dessert because she felt guilty for not having dessert for them.

I had a business lunch today, and Cade and Kelson didn't like it that I didn't come home...although I don't think they were crying upset. Cade called me on my cell phone and said "Dad, are you coming home for lunch?" "No, bud, not today." "Oh, guess what? I'm making cookies for the missionaries......(and on and on he went for about 3 minutes)" So he wasn't real upset.

We decided that Shena is no longer going to work for Jim at all. She had been scanning files for us to help us get rid of some of the paper we have around the office. She would take files to the house, pull the staples and paper clips and organize them for scanning, then would come in every now and then to actually scan the paperwork. We are at a point now where we don't necessarily need that $250 a month she was getting from doing that (working about 20 - 24 hours a month), so we "fired" her. A little more pressure on me to get some more production, right?

Arellano Update
Took mom to the airport. She is headed out west again. She is going to help Melissa and her boys move from San Diego to Salt Lake, then she is going to travel around and visit more family. She will be flying back July 23rd, two days before dad gets back and about 7 days before we leave for Atlanta. She may spend most of August sitting on her couch here in her house after all this travelling she's doing.


Christensen Update
None to report that I know of.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT^:
Sleep: 11:55 - 5:08 - had to get up to take mom to the airport...no point going back to sleep when I got back home at 6:00

TODAY:
Breakfast: none

Lunch: The Loop - grilled chicken sandwich, moterrey jack cheese, fries, pickle wedge, coke.

Dinner: Mexico - Lunch Chicken Fajitas, beans, rice, flour tortillas, cheese dip and chips, Sprite

0 comments: