Sunday, July 10, 2005

Weekend Update

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play - Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood) - Arellano Update
Friday: Not much exciting today. Just work, came home, had dinner, stopped by Plummer's to borrow a movie (Napolean Dynamite) so that Shena could watch it...but of course we wound up talking to much at the Plummer's and didn't get home until about (9:00ish and Shena can't start a movie that late or she will be asleep in 10 minutes.

Saturday: First thing in the morning, Ed and I borrowed Hiatt's truck and went and got the rest of the playground from the Needham's. That was a little interesting because it was too big to fit in the back of the truck and was hanging out the sides and the back...but since it was about a 1 mile trip, we decided to just carry it as is, and had no problems. By the time we finished that, we had to run over to the church to meet the Crockett's to take chairs and tables over to the Lundrigan's for next Tuesday night's Enrichment meeting for Shena. We got those loaded up and then unloaded at Lundrigan's, then went back home to put the swing set together. That took about 45 minutes to an hour. There were several roots sticking up around the area where the playground is, so I spent another 45 minutes digging them up along with weeds and trying to level the ground. Next thing I know it is 3:00. I spent the next couple of hours looking for mulch from Lowe's or Home Depot. I was looking for a specific kind of this rubber type mulch that I bought several years back from Lowe's for the tree in our front yard. Well, I couldn't find it anywhere, so the playground doesn't have any mulch underneath it right now. I'll have to get that fixed sometime next week or this next weekend. I returned the truck to Hiatt's and agot home about 4:30. We rant out to Costco to fill the Jeep with gas, pick up a couple of t hings, and then stop at this Mexican store off West Market street to get meat for dinner on Sunday. Took all this stuff home, called the Crockett's to figure out where they wanted to eat dinner and decided to head for Chick-Fil-A. After we ate, we went to the baseball game. We were plenty early, which was good because as we were getting in the car, Kelson was eating a mint from the restaurant...I'm not sure if he didn't like the taste or if he maybe was chocking on it, but he started puking a little and got it all over his "Greensboro Grasshoppers" shirt. We hadto stop at Gap Kids (we had eaten there in Friendly Center) to get him another shirt to wear. Had fun at the game, left about the 7th inning with the 'Hoppers losing (of course).

Sunday: Church. Had the Plummer's over for dinner, hung out and talked, went over to their house for dessert and wound up watching Seabiscuit, which I had never seen. Ok movie, but hard to get into when there are kids running around all over the place. Part of the reason I don't necessarily like to watch movies that I've never seen before with the kids awake. I much more prefer to see a movie in the theater or with just Shena and no kids. No big deal, though. I got enough of the gist to know what was going on and to know what happened. I'm not a horse race fan in the first place, so I wasn't dying to see the movie in the first place.

Cade has been bugging us the last couple of days. Out of the blue he keeps saying "Mom, I want a van. Yeah, I want a van like Dede's. A White one." Maybe Shena has been teaching him to say that to put a little pressure on me?

Sunday night as Shena was helping Kelson brush his teeth, he drooled down the front of his shirt. Shena goes "Oh no! Not on your shirt!" Kelson goes "Oh, sh*t." He doesn't say his "r's" real well, plus he had a toothbrush in his mouth, which doesn't help with pronunciation. Still pretty dang funny...we laughed for a while. It is still really frustrating trying to get him to stay out of trouble. He knows when he isn't supposed to be doing something, he just chooses to do it anyway, which concerns me. While we were at Plummer's, the kids were playing outside, when Samantha comes in and says "Kelson's in the car again." I walked out to get him out of there and as soon as I opened the door he looked at me, wags his index finger and goes "No, no, no, no." But he wasn't telling me" No, don't get me out," he was saying "No, I'm not supposed to be in here." Little nugget.


Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: Thurs - 11:45 - 6:30 - I got caught up watching "Private Ryan" - then I realized how late it was. such a good movie it's hard not to watch it. ** Fri: 10:45 - 7:20 ** Saturday 11:30 - 7:30

TODAY:
Breakfast: Friday: none ** Saturday: none ** Sunday: none

Lunch: Friday: Leftover Chuck E. Cheese pizza...It's even better the 2nd time around!! Yummy! (Pbbbbbttt) ** Saturday: A chocolate chip cookie and a glass of milk...I didn't have time to eat anything at noon, then I didn't want to eat too much before dinner because we were going out for dinner, so I just ate something to get me by ** Sunday: Carne asada, re-fried beans, mexican rice, home made corn tortillas, cheese, Mt. Dew

Dinner: Friday: Spaghetti casserole, french bread, milk - had some chocolate cake for dessert ** Saturday: Chick-fil-A - grilled chicken sandwich, waffle fries, lemonade...also ate a couple of Cade's chicken nuggets that he didn't eat - finished off the chocolate cake after the game ** Sunday: (At Plummer's) chocolate cake covered with whip cream and crushed skor candy bar, milk

0 comments: