Saturday, July 23, 2005

Pillagin' Shena

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
Started working in our yard at about 8:00. Hope the neighbors didn't mind. That's kind of early to be running a lawn mower, but I had two yards to do before about 1:00 and I also didn't want to be mowing in the heat. It wasn't too bad this morning (temperature wise), so I don't even feel guilty for waking aybody up (if I did). I also pulled weeds in our flower garens (they were looking white-trashy). Took me two hours to get it all done between the work and trying to keep an eye on the boys and keeping them happy. Took me two more hours to mow mom's house. I didn't think the grass would be that long...but it was. I feel bad for their neighbors right now. They have two of them that are trying to sell their house (one straight across the street, one right next door...I wonder if mom and dad's yard was the reason they decided to sell?!?!). It can't be easy to sell a house when the house next door/across the street looks like it is abandoned and weeds growing 5 feet tall in the front flower beds. I told mom the other day that I would pull them, but I don't know what are weeds and what are plants dad wants. He has so many different kinds out there that I am afraid I would pull up something he has been trying to grow for years.

After mowing, I took a shower then fed the boys a good, hearty meal from Taco Bell. It is a good thing their diet doesn't depend on me much. They would be in poor health and over weight. It is too easy to take them out for fast food. We ran dad's car through the car wash, then headed out to pick up G'ma at the airport.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
The boys were pretty good for me most of the day. They didn't fight much, they played pretty well together while I did all the yard work. Cade told me as I was finishing mowing mom's house, "Daddy, I stink. I need a bath." Not sure why he thought that, but both of them were pretty dirty from playing outside in the dirt and on the playground while I was working in our yard. So they got an afternoon bath.

Shena got home from Charlotte at about 5:30 with her spoils. She spent a few minutes telling me her stories and showed off the great deals she got. She especially enjoyed bragging about how she didn't spend NEARLY as much as Teresa and Dede. Sounds like she had fun, though. We called mom up because she wanted to go out to eat when Shena got home, so we headed over to Outback. After dinner we came home and I spent the rest of the night feeling like crap...lots o' gas, and nausea...pretty thought, huh?

Arellano Update
The boys and I went and picked up G'ma A at about 2:30 at the airport. We dropped her off at her house and the boys wanted to stay and play, but g'ma had too much to do. They weren't very happy about that. So we came home and played here at the house until Shena made it home.

Christensen Update
None to report that I know of.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 12:20 - 2:15, 2:30 - 4:50, 5:00 - 6:40, - I guess Kelson was missing his mommy or something, because he sure did get me up a lot last night.

TODAY:
Breakfast: 1 bowl of cinnamon toast crunch...had to get my energy up before I started working in the yards

Lunch: Taco Bell - steak gordita supreme, no tomatoes - bean burrito, no onions, Mt. Dew

Dinner: Outback - Alice Spring's Chicken (chicken breast covered with cheese and bacon, no mushrooms, side of steamed vegetables, some of their bread, pink lemonade.

0 comments: