Monday, July 11, 2005

THAT DIDN'T PINCH!

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
Work was work - nothing exciting

Mom's yard hasn't been mowed in about 2 weeks, so I HAD to get it done today because I wasn't sure when I would get another chance. I knew that I was going to have to bag the clippings, and I also knew that I was going to have to make SEVERAL trips back and forth to dump the grass unless I could put the clippings in some old black garbage cans that dad has for that purpose. Well I forgot that about 3 or 4 weeks ago I had dumped some clippings in there already. I was going to dump them before I went home, but obviously forgot. Have you ever smelled decomposing, wet grass that has beein a garbage can for 5 weeks in the humidity and heat of NC after several rain storms. A suggestion...DON'T, if you don't have to. It was one of the nastiest smells I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing. Bad thing was there were 2 garbage cans in the same situation. I was so flipping close to puking every time I got within 100 feet of that stuff. I wound up mowing just the front yard (where I couldn't smell the stuff). I'll have to mow the back in a couple days when the smell has aired out a bit. I hope the neighbors aren't too mad about the smell. I wish there were words to describe it. Nasty, nasty, nasty. How's that?

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Cade had to go to the doctor today to get his shots for school this fall. Shena took him and relayed the following stories (probably told totally wrong...but since she refuses to blog, you'll have to believe what I'm telling you actually happened).

Nurse: "When I give you this shot, it is going to feel like a little pinch."



Cade: (pointing his finger) "THAT DIDN'T PINCH! THAT HURT" (begins to scream)
---------------
Dr. Ross: "Cade, we have to check your private parts."

Cade: "No thank you. My private parts are ok. I need to go to the bathroom. Mom, I want to go to the bathroom. They are ok."

I took Cade and Kelson with me over to mom's while I mowed to give Shena a break. She wasn't feeling very well. Somehow, the smell didn't seem to bother them. They played in the backyard like it was nothing. They were pretty good boys. Kelson even listened to me when they went inside to watch a movie. I told him that he had to stay in the living room (otherwise he would be in the kitchen going through the cupboards, getting into who knows what, or upstairs causing problems). I checked on him every 10 minutes and he stayed on the couch where I told him to.

Arellano Update
None to report that I know of.

Christensen Update
None to report that I know of.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 10:45 - 6:18

TODAY:
Breakfast: none

Lunch: Leftover spaghetti casserole with cheese, 1 piece of wheat bread, water, 1 vanilla pudding cup, 1 chocolate pudding cup (I couldn't choose which kind I wanted...so i didn't)

Dinner: Leftover re-fried beans and rice on corn tortillas with cheese, water

0 comments: