Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Power Outage

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
It has been so hot around here that there have been blackouts through the city. We had one tonight. I was in the middle of the blog for yesterday when it hit. I already whined about it then...so I won't again.

The bad thing about the weather being so hot is that I'm back to driving Marcos' car since dad got back. His car's A/C just doesn't work very good at all. Never has, according to him. They've had it checked several times, and it just doesn't get cold. It blows somewhat cooler than normal moist air in your face, but it never gets cold unless you are on the highway doing 70. Shena loves it because that means that it will push me to get her new van sooner than later. I don't know if I can handle driving Marcos' car for 2 more months of miserable hot and humid weather. I guess I shouldn't say too much. I see people who have to walk or ride the bus...so I don't have it that bad.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Cade had a swimming lesson today for the first time in over a year. Last one he had was in Idaho last summer. We were trying to get him in at the "Y" but no luck. Shena took the boys the other day to Lundrigan's and Williams' pool and she bumped into the girl who taught the Lundrigan's. Leesa recommended her, so Shena lined it up. $15 for a 1/2 hour lesson. Good thing is it is a one on one, so hopefully he can learn faster that way.

Kelson is in the "parrot" stage (as you've heard from the "You the bum" story a few days ago). It is cute most of the time, but we have to be careful. And Cade isn't. There are times when Kelson just follows Cade around and does whatever he does. We have to be careful what we say/do around him. He may embarass us one of these times. Today we were trying to get Cade to be quiet and Kelson started yelling at him "Shhhh! Cade! Shhhhhh! Hey!!! Shhhhhh!" Pretty funny, but it didn't make Cade very happy.

Arellano Update
Dad spent all day weeding. First thing in the morning. Really makes me feel bad that I didn't have time to get his yard weeded myself. I guess it's ok. He likes to work in his yard...just makes me nervous that he is out there in such hot weather. I think he was smart about it, though. Just worked in the morning.

Christensen Update
2 more days for Ryan in the mission field...

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 12:45 - 7:10 - I wanted to get up early...but the weekend was rough...then we were up late last night seeing dad in at the airport...oh well.

TODAY:
Breakfast: 2 bowls of cinammon toast crunch...I was starving...FINALLY! Got my appetite back

Lunch: tuna on white, two slices of cheese, baby carrots, 1/2 bottle of sprite

Dinner: beans and store bought corn tortiallas, 2/3 bottle of coke, had some milke and cookies before bed (at mom's)

0 comments: