Wednesday, July 27, 2005

This is the way to Deal with Car Salesman

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
When the power went out last night, I called Duke Power to notify them. The computer said they were working on it and would have it done by midnight. It was 9:00 when I called and it was already getting hot in our house, so we decided to go over to mom and dad's to spend the night. We probably could have stayed here. When we got to the house this morning it looked like the power came on about 20 minutes after we left. I know I would have slept a lot better had we stayed.

I've been doing the van shopping via e-mail. I've liked it so far. No hassle, low pressure. I e-mailed about 6 dealerships, have heard back from 4 of them. One said they didn't have anything in stock like what we were looking for. Two made offers and one asked me some additional questions, but I haven't heard from him again yet. We're not in a huge rush just yet, so I'm not worried about the ones who haven't responded yet. The two offers that were made were somewhat close, but there was definitely a difference. About $500. They both are pretty close to invoice, which is what I expected. Keep in mind that is before I have made any counteroffers. I don't know if they won't accept any counteroffers, but I will for sure try before we make a decision. I won't get into the logistics of it all...but I've done a bunch of reading to try to prepare myself. Hopefully the reading was worthwhile...I'm sure it will be.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
After work we ran to the mall. The Disney store was having a sale on some pj's that Cade likes to wear. He is growing out of the ones we bought him last year, so we thought we'd get him some more for his birthday. We also stopped into K*B Toys so the boys could look around for a little bit. We weren't in any huge rush to get back home, so we just kind of moseyed. Unfortunately, that is the excitement of the day.

Arellano Update
Dad kept workin on his weeds today. He is almost done with the front yard...then he's got the back yard to do, too.

Christensen Update
Final real day in the mission field...

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 12:45 - 6:40 - I forgot to take earplugs with me...and there are no fans...so it was much too quiet in the house for me to sleep. Didn't sleep well at all.

TODAY:
Breakfast: none

Lunch: Burger King - whopper with cheese, no onions, no tomatoes, fries, chocolate shake (it was hot...the shake sounded good)

Dinner: leftover frito soup...I wasn't real hungry for some reason (milk shake, maybe?)

0 comments: