Monday, July 25, 2005

Grandpa A's Back in Town

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
This will be my second time posting this day...stupid power went out just as I was getting to the end, and for some reason "Blogger" wasn't backing up like they normally do throughout the post...sorry if I'm it seems dry...I don't have the energy to try to be entertaining (as if I ever am).

I woke up feeling ok, but not great. Decided to talk 1/2 day and go in at 1:00. I got ready for the day by 10:30 and remembered that our Nissan ("Mosi" around our house) was due for it's inspection by the end of the month. I figured I had some time before I planned on being to work so I took it by the Crown Honda place so I could also check out what Odyssey's they had on the lot. When I got there I found out I didn't have my registration (which means they can't do the inspection)...it got misplaced somehow. $10 later and a 1/2 hour trip to the Department of Long Lines and Grouchy Employees (aka the license plate place) I had a duplicate registration. Hour and a half later they finally got my car done. I was approached six times by different sales people as I meandered around the showroom. Salesdude "Have you been helped sir?" Me, "I'm in the service department, just killing some time in here." Salesdude "I can trade in your car for a new one!" Moron. Did I say ANYTHING about wanting a new car? Maybe it was the inflection in my voice...or the enunciation of the word "service" that made him think that it was really some weird game I was playing "Ok...I want to buy a car, but I'm only going to buy a car if a salesman comes up and when I tell him my car is in the service department he offers to trade-it-in...THEN I will buy a car...otherwise, no." I'm not looking forward to the "game" when it comes time to buy that van for Shena.

I went in to work for about 2.5 hours. Just long enough to get some stuff done that kind of needed to be done ASAP. At about 3:30 I realized that I hadn't eaten since 5:30 on Saturday night...and I was starting to feel light headed and dizzy. I decided to head home. Spent the rest of the night chilling...trying to feel better. I surfed a bit and found this article...makes you want to move to Greensboro, doesn't it?

I also spent a little time online preping myself for the big purchase in a month or so. Reading up on MSRP and Invoice Price for the Odyssey. I think I may go the "internet buying" route and just haggle with the dealerships via e-mail. Gives me a little more time to think and obviously it is much less pressure. We'll see how it goes.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
See below.

Arellano Update
Dad got home at 11:05 tonight. The boys wanted to go and see him, so we put them to bed at 9:00, then woke them up about quarter to, to drive out to the airport. They slept the whole way out, but woke right up when they saw him. Since they were already in their pajamas, we let them spend the night too. They were excited about that.

Christensen Update
Just a few more days and Ryan is back into the cold and dreary world...wonder how weird he is. It's been a while since I've been around a fresh return missionary. They can be pretty strange.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 11:45 - 7:45 - at least I slept all the way through the night...I wish I could have slept in longer...I could have used it

TODAY:
Breakfast: 1/2 bowl of cinnamon toast crunch

Lunch: PB&strawberryJ, small glass of milk, which I ate at 4:00...so it wasn't really lunch

Dinner: Shena's frito soup (chili beans, hamburger meat over Frito's, sour cream and cheese), milk, and a piece of spice cake with cream cheese frosting - sounds like a lot but it really wasn't...I only had one bowl of soup...I would normally have 2...and the piece of cake was "normal" size, which I normally don't eat...I usually have an XL size piece.

0 comments: