Thursday, July 07, 2005

High on Fumes

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
I think I've mentioned before that the other occupants of the building I work in moved out this month, and the new owners are moving in (we lease). So, of course, before the new people move in they are doing some "touch ups" and making other changes to the building so that it will fit the needs of the new owners. Well, today they were painting and removing wall paper and who knows what else on our floor...which meant there were a lot of fumes flaoting around the building. We tried closing the doors to our office and I cut off the air conditioning as long as possible, but it didn't make much of a difference. By 9:30 I had a pounding headache and was feeling nauseous. Heather and I wound up going home for the day, while everybody else stayed, I think. I know, I'm a wuss...but I do have a sensitive sniffer (just ask Shena) and I wasn't getting much work done. I actually took some home with me and worked from Mom's house since she is out of town and there is no way the boys would have let me work from our house. I spent about 1/2 the time studying my CLU courses when I ran out of stuff to do and no access to the files I needed to create more work. (That probably doesn't make any sense to you, but it does to me).

I spent the rest of the day with a somewhat minor headache and the nauseousness never went away completely. By evening time the headache was back on kind of strong and I wasn't feeling very well. I never felt like I was going to puke, but my stomach wasn't in any mood for much movement. There, now that you all feel sorry for me (or not)...don't worry, I'll be fine.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Shena and the boys got to go to Chuck E. Cheese's for lunch with Dede and her kids. Apparently they had talked about going on a picinic with the kids, but the weather wasn't real nice today (cloudy, rainy, tornado warnings, you know...the usual NC summer weather). I know they had a good time because Cade didn't want to leave...and was very vocal about it. I've come to realize that he doesn't like to be "surprised" much. He likes to know in advance what is going on and when. As long as you set him up for what is going to happen, he is usually ok with it...especially when you warn him in advance that he better be good and do what we ask. Otherwise he goes a little crazy. Kelson also got in trouble today for coloring Shena's carpet with crayons. I don't think she asked him to do that...but then again, she wants new carpet, so maybe she is trying to get him in on damaging it (no really).

Arellano Update
I guess mom made it to San Diego ok. She didn't call me, but then again, maybe she called Shena. I'll have to ask Shena if she did or not.

Christensen Update
Shena worked on an ad for Central Links Golf Course and RV park today. They are going to put it in an RV magazine or listing book or something like that. Because they are in the middle of farming season, they don't have a lot of time...and Shena has more that these days, so she said she would take care of it. She did a good job.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 10:22 - 6:24 - fell asleep almost as soon as my head hit the pillow...I was awfully sleepy.

TODAY:
Breakfast: none

Lunch: Chuck E. Cheese's leftover pizza (they brought it to me after they were finished). It's not that great but it was edible and I was hungry. Also had a coke with it.

Dinner: Because my stomach was still hurting, I didn't have much of an appetite. I had an egg sandwich on toast with cheese, glass of milk. Had a chocolate chip cookie about 8:30 (with milk, of course).

0 comments: