Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Why did Monday get a bad rep?

It wasn't the usual Monday. Cheeto didn't have a great day... but it has been one his better "Monday's" in months. Cade is out of school this week so Kelson was happy as can be to have his buddy home to play with. Analise was a grump! The Terrible Two's have arrived and are in full force! The kids and I went to the gym around 8:30am. Later than usual for me. Oh well, this week is suppose to be like vacation right. Not! Mom had invited to take us to see Horton Hears a Who. I wanted to give Lil' Miss Thang a nap before going. She took a really early nap (10am). She slept a good 90 minutes. We ate lunch, wave to Cheeto on our way out the door and headed for the 1:15 movie. On our way we were talking to Lettie and said it would sure be nice if she could come. Ask and ye shall recieve? She asked for a long lunch and they told her to go for it. So she met us at the movies. It was fun. It's a cute movie! The boys loved it. Analise did fine up until the last 10 minutes. That was do-able considering that was her first time to the movies as a toddler. Other kids her age didn't do so well. I was please with all of their behavior. Analise fell asleep on the way home- nap #2. It was a good thing because I came home with an awful stomach ache- ya know the kind that gives you cold sweats and such. After about an hour and a half I was feeling a bit better. I had to do some grocery shopping so I ventured it. I only got half way done before I decided to call it quits. I wasn't feeling well at all. Stomach, mystery pains- I needed to get home. I'll finish the rest today. We had family home evening. I had made a Jell-o cake for dessert Sunday but it didn't get eaten. So Cade used it for his refreshment. He wasn't sure he would like it so I had him take a TINY bite. He said he really didn't like it so I offered him a cookie and dished the cake for Kelson. As I was putting the cake back in the fridge Cade gave me the sad puppy dog face. And with his eyes- he can do this very well! I asked him what was wrong. He wouldn't say anything. He was almost acting embarrassed. I asked him, "Did you really like the cake?" He nodded yes. "Would you like me dish you a piece?" He nodded yes. He had made such a fuss about not liking it but really did he didn't want to change his mind. Funny kid! Cheeto wanted to try studying at home. I went to read my book. I ended up falling asleep on the couch about 9pm. Next thing I know it's almost 1am. I couldn't imagine that Cheeto was still studying. I went back to the bedroom only to find the lights out and him out! I took Analise to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and such and went to get in bed myself. Cheeto woke up enough to talk a bit to me. After that it took both of us quite awhile to get back to sleep. I found out this morning that Cheeto never did come back to bed. He fell back asleep at 6am this morning. Poor guy! It's going to be a rough day for him. I did notice that I didn't stay very warm last night. Now I know why.... my heater wasn't sleeping with me!


1 comments:

melissa said...

Adam is my heater. I always put my hand under his bum to warm it up. My hand not his bum. It must be an Arellano thing. Among other things....