Friday, March 07, 2008

March MADNESS!!!

Yesterday was Cade's field Trip to the ACC Women's Basketball tournament. I was sure the paper Cade brought home said they were leaving the school around 9:30am. I had thrown the paper away and was pretty sure it was 9:30 but decided to go a bit early just to make sure and perhaps catch another parent to carpool with. We had to pay for parking and there was no reason why 5 parents should pay $7 each to park. As I walked up to the school it looked like a few buses were already loaded and ready to leave. I got a teacher and asked her if Mrs. Baldwin's class had left yet. She said part of them had and the rest of them were with her class on this bus. I then asked about the parents and she told me all of the parents were already out at the coliseum waiting on them. I couldn't believe. I showed up 30 minutes before I thought I had to be there and everyone had already left. I caught up with another parent from Cade's class in the hall. She said our class was still in their classroom. I guess it was the other Mrs. Baldwin's class that the other teacher was talking about. I didn't even think of clarifying which Mrs. Baldwin I was talking about. I did carpool out with another parent. (a little side note: this mom had a Toyota Sienna. I'm even more convinced that our decision to buy the Honda Odyssey was the best choice. I LOVE MY HONDA!!!!!) As we pulled into the parking log there was a sea of yellow buses. Picture it: thousands of kids packed in the coliseum. My "mystery pain" was throbbing and I was beginning to wonder how I was going to make it through the next 3 hours. Fortunately, Mrs. Baldwin put 4 well-behaved children in my group. I only had to take them to the bathroom once. The rest of the time they sat, ate their lunches and giggled through the entire game. As soon as we sat down some other teachers came around and gave all the children sweatbands for the heads. Our class had red ones. That made Cade happy, since he had been telling everyone that his favorite ACC team was NC State. Big shocker! I wonder who taught him that one? I don't think any of the kids knew which teams they would be watching play. We watched University of Miami and Georgia Tech. Cade decided very early he was going to cheer for Ga Tech because they were from Atlanta and Tio Marcos lives in Atlanta. I wasn't 100% sure that they were from Atlanta but Cade had promised that his Dad had told him they were. At this point, Mrs. Baldwin leaned over and said, "I'm sure none of these children will actually watch the game." I was sure Cade would. And he did. He did say more than once that he had wished it was men's basketball. Cade did sit there in his seat and watched the entire game without a whine or complaint. The other boy in my group was constantly asking when the game would be over. Cade sure is growing up in this aspect. He not only loves to play sports but has just as much fun watching them. Cheeto is consistantly teaching Cade about rules and sportsmanship. What's shocking to me is how much Cade absorbs what Cheeto is telling him and knows as much about football as he does. Mrs. Baldwin told me yesterday that Cade is always giving her a play-by-play from past football games. I had so much fun on this field trip with Cade. It was an enjoyable, yet exhausting, day. I'm glad we were able to go. It was 3 hours full of high pitched screaming. They had a Chik-fil-a blimpe that would go around the arena. It was funny to see thousands of kids staring at this blimp even though the game was still going on. Cade had to take a picture of it to show Kelson. We got home about 2pm. I checked Cade out of school early and came home.
Kelson and Analise had spent the morning with Grandma. They went to eat lunch with Tia Lettie. Analise was mad that Grandma had tried to lay her down for a nap and decided to be ugly. Mom said it seemed like she purposely pooped her pants just to get even with Grandma. I Analise still hadn't taken a nap when I got home but I decided it wasn't too late for one. I was exhausted and needed a power nap so I put everyone into quiet time. Analise eventually gave it up. Kelson and Cade both had soccer practice at the same time. Thankfully Cade was carpooling with another parent this week. Kelson was a ornery butt at his practice. He was screaming and crying about everything, and I mean everything! Anything from the scab on his arm to his little toe hurting. I had had it by the time I got home. Exhausted, exhausted! Cheeto kept laughing at me as I struggled to keep my eyes open during LOST. Can I just say we love that show!?!?




Funny Kid Quote of the Day
Cade: At dinner last night I was telling Cheeto about our eventful day. I was telling him that Cade had been such a good boy. Cade chimes in with a question, "I was?" We both looked at him and asked, "Weren't you?" "Well, I think so." It's like he acted shocked that he was a good boy all day!

0 comments: