Wednesday, March 12, 2008

This is Crap!

The past two days have been crappy. Yesterday was just a bummer day. Not much to report other than just feeling crappy! (can you tell crappy is my theme? I really am trying to stay positive. I could say much worse. ;) I do think it sometimes! anywho...) I did have a good workout. My butt and legs are good and sore today. I have another one tomorrow morning, I'll go heavy on upper body then so Friday my arms will be useless. Man, I love that sore feeling. That just means my time spent at the gym wasn't a waste. OH- another "crappy" thing happened. It was 3:15pm and Cade still hadn't come home yet. I called the school and they said that his bus driver had a sub and the sub didn't show up at the school on time, I later found out from the Guilford County Transportation Dept that the sub had gone to the wrong school. Cade didn't get home until almost 4:20pm, almost 1 1/2 hours later than usual. He usually gets home before 3pm. I called to see if I could just go pick him up and they told me there wasn't time, he needed to ride the bus home if at all possible. I was so mad. Cade was a bit bugged. He said they made them stand outside this entire time. ARGH! Schools! They drive me nuts sometimes! We did go eat beans and tortillas with G'ma Arellano later. That was nice to get the kids out of the house and not have to fix dinner. We love bean night at G'ma's.


This is Kelson and Analise patiently waiting for Cade to get off the bus!


This is what Kelson drew on our driveway. He said this was me in my nightgown. I don't even own a nightgown. I'm not sure why he drew it. He was just so proud of it and asked if I would put it on "bag o cheetos." He doesn't know what blogs are but he loves to look at them. He will be tinkled to see that I actually posted his art work.


This morning had a therapy appointment a 8am. Cheeto was able to help with this kids. That was nice not having to have everyone out the door before 7:30am. I don't think I'll get that lucky every time. I have heard great things about this therapist. Her name is Lindsay and works at CAWH Rehab Center in Greensboro and specializes specifically in women's health . She and only one other therapist work at this office and it's complete one-on-one. It seemed like when I went to Greensboro Orthopaedics they would work with me and get me going on something and leave and work with someone else and come back to me. Lindsay wasn't like this. For the first little bit we just talked about my past medical history, when the pains all started, so on and so on. She said she had a "hunch" it could be I had a pelvic rotation of some sort and wanted to look into that some more. She had me stand, then lie on a table, bend my knees, the list goes on. After about 20 minutes of this, Yep sure enough her hunch was right. My right hip has a posterior rotation. She said this often happens when you have vaginal deliveries. She said some women experience this just because of hormones. She said such an injury to occur in a man would take a bad car wreck, sports collision or something like that, but for women just hormones cause your pelvis tissues and soften and fall out of place; simply lifting groceries or doing laundry could cause this. She pulled, pushed and stretched my right side of everything quite a bit. After she did some heat/electric something or other therapy. She said it would deaden the nerve fibers so it will quit sending the bad pain message to my brain. I'm trying to stay positive thinking all of this will help. We are very blessed that our insurance is going to cover all of this at 100%- not even a co-pay. All last summer I bad mouthed our insurance. I take back every bad thing I said about them, because we really do have great insurance. Lindsay said I should feel like a new woman today. Wrong- I felt awful. I took my 2 doses of 800mg of ibuprofen and I still felt crappy. She did say it may take awhile to correct itself. The back/hip problem I have been having may also be related to this. Everyone cross your fingers and say a prayer that she might be a miracle woman and make me better. This is beyond ridiculous!
At 11:30am we met Tia Alicia y Tio Jose, Mom, and Lettie at Waffle House for lunch- even though we ate breakfast there. We came home for quiet time and soon it was time for Cade to get off the bus. We were asking Analise at lunch where certain people were, like where was daddy? she answered, work. We asked her where Cade was, she replied, "on the bus". I think she thinks that Cade stays on a bus for 8 hours a day. It was so nice this afternoon (my car said it was 74 degrees) that we had to go outside to play reguardless of the way I felt. I fought through it. The kids were having a good time until they all got mad at their bikes. Both Cade and Kelson said the same thing at different times- they weren't even around each other when they said it. They both said, "my bike hates me. It keeps making me fall down. I don't want this bike. Why did you get me a bike that hates me?" Weird kids. Like it really is the bike's fault. We have such dramatic children.
Kelson soccer practice came next. He did do much better from last week. Cade got a taste of what it feels like to sit on the sidelines and wait for practice. He didn't like it so much. He now knows what the rest of us do for him each week. Cheeto had dinner waiting for us when we got home. I worked on finishing up some hands, read to the kids, said prayers and now have them all in bed by 7:30pm. It's finally quiet! I love this time of day! Days that I hurt so bad just wears me out. I'm struggling to stay up to see Cheeto. I don't think I'll make it tonight. We shall see!


Funny Kid Quote of the Day
Cade: As Cade was getting mad at his bike he started yelling, "MOM! This bike makes me crap!" I just started laughing. I'm sure the neighbors could hear what he was yelling. I then had to correct him and said, "No, honey. This bike is a piece of crap. It doesn't make you crap." Cheeto or I must say "piece of crap." I'm sure it's me, the kids aren't around Cheeto enough to pick up things he says. Cade also after dinner burped. He said he just did it because I do it. Cheeto gave me the funnest look. I do burp- sometimes! Sometimes being the key word. Oh- the only things our kids hear from us. Why can't they listen to the good things we try to teach them!?!?!?!?





0 comments: