Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Weekend


Friday didn't get the weekend off to a good start. Most of the day went well. We had finally got everything organized and planned to get to the temple. Haley had agreed to watch the kids at her place in Cary. Marcos called at 3pm and said he would be home earlier than he thought. He asked if Mom could watch the kids for an hour or two, then he and Haley would be there to watch them the rest of the night. The only problem was that no one could get a hold of mom. She was napping and taking a shower. It was getting close to leaving time and we were still debating what to do. Well, it all worked out with the change of plans. We were finally on the road. I don't know what made me check, but we were at first light out of town and I went to check I had our recommends. The first thing I saw was 2006 printed on them. They are only good for 2 years. They had expired 3 weeks ago. I was so upset. I just lost it! This was just topping on the cake, after the week I had had. Cheeto thought I was mad it him. Of course, I wasn't. I just needed some more emotionally crying! Mom said she would keep the kids through dinner so Cheeto and I went to run a few errands. It turned out to be an ok night. Not what I had hoped for... but alright! How frustrating!
Saturday was awesome! We had a good time. The kids were up early as usual. They were eager to help me do whatever. Cade was in such good spirits. I put the good behavior to good use. I had them all helping me clean the house. We had it all done before 8:30am. I packed the kids up and headed to my pump class at the gym. Cheeto went to spend the morning studying at his office. We ate lunch and had a good long quiet time. I sat and read Twilight while the boys were very quiet and read books on their beds. There was no soccer due to Spring Break and Easter, so we declared an "Arellano Fun Day." This was our first one. Every family member picks one thing they would like to do. Cade chose to play baseball at a park around the corner. Kelson wanted to play "Sorry." Analise just wanted to swing. I chose to decorate Easter eggs. Cheeto didn't really make up his mind. We ran out anyway. It was a blast! We got some good bonding time in with the kids. At 5:00pm we went out to eat for Mom's birthday at J. Butler's. We had some good laughs. This always happens when you get Cheeto and Marcos together. It's even more funny when Adam joins in. We had mom almost in tears at times. We came home to decorate eggs. The kids did a great job. Cade has found that he loves boiled eggs. He was trying to hard to resist eating one. He was thrilled when we made deviled eggs today for Easter dinner. He was concerned he wasn't going to get his share of them. After decorating, I just had to finish Twilight. I only had about 50 pages left. That is a great book! I never thought I would 500 pages so fast. If you looked at my house friday night you would see that I have been slacking on my house wife duties. I read a lot this week. I bet this week will be a lot the same. I start New Moon in the morning.





Sunday started off to an ok start. Well, the walk to the kitchen was good, after that Analise started screaming and pitching fits about EVERYTHING!!!!! I got them all fed. Cade and I then started making Mom's birthday cake; only to find out that she wanted strawberry shortcake and bought it and made it herself! ARGH!!!! What a waste of an hour!!!! Oh well- Cheeto is tickled pink (probably not pink- but that is how the saying goes...) he has an entire cake to himself! I then finished preparing for my primary lesson. I took the entire morning to get the little things done. Cade woke up a bit bummed that the Easter bunny didn't visit. We had a little talk about what Easter is all about. He came around and decided it wasn't worth crying over the Easter bunny. I told him that Daddy and I got them all a couple of surprises. We had them close their eyes and hold out their hands. I placed new ties around their necks and an egg with new watches inside. We expected a cheer for the watches but as a mere thanks dad! Oh well! We finished getting ready only to have Analise in an uproar! She DID NOT want to wear the dress that Papa A brought from Mexico. She fought and screamed as I put it on her. She made her body limp so I couldn't carry her anywhere. Gotta love when kids pull that! She cried for the next 20 minutes. She looks great in our family pictures. We got to church and I realized I left without getting the bag that had the rest of my lesson in it. Cheeto was so kind and went to get it for me. He said he was more than willing to do it! OH- did I mention that Cheeto prepared the wrong lesson for today. I mentioned this to him about 30 minutes before it was time to leave. It all worked out. His class combined with another and he didn't even have to teach. We got our interviews done so we are ready for the stake presidency one on Tuesday night. The rest of the day went pretty smooth. We had our Sunday night Pop Pop Party and watched AFV. The kids were exhausted. It was only about 10 minutes and they were all out. PHEW!!!! We made it through another weekend. I pray now that the week ahead will go better!



Funny Kid Quote of the Day
Analise: She pulled on my shirt to get my attention; plugged her nose and said, "Mommy, I make the bafroom stinky!" She had to make yuckies and was telling me she was going to make the bathroom stink.

Cade: This is what Cade placed on their bedroom door!
Photobucket

1 comments:

melissa said...

Ya'll look like ya'll are having so much fun. It sucks that our family can't be there too. :( Crappy