Monday, March 10, 2008

Man, I'm tired this morning. I do not love the "spring ahead" day light savings thing. I'm definitely going to have to take a nap today. This weekend was great! It didn't have a happy beginning. Cheeto had his last church basketball game Friday night. It was U-G-L-Y!! No one on his team could make a basket unless they were on the free throw line. One guy was about to throw-up in the parking lot right before the game. They lost by 30 points or something. For a team that went undefeated all season, it was sad to see just a blow out on their final game. However because they lost, that meant I could go shopping with Teresa a whole hour sooner. Hippee! It had rained all day Friday and most of Saturday morning causing Bryan Park to cancel all Saturday soccer games. I had an impression appointment at 11am. Cheeto wanted to get everyone out of the house at this time to make the appointment less stressful on me. He took them to "Gold's Kids" at our gym. It's basically a PE class. The boys did a have a great time. They were quite excited when they got home and had some stories to tell me. Cade and Kelson were in two different age groups. When Cheeto walked Kelson back to the day care room and then took Cade for his turn, Analise flipped out. She wouldn't stay in the room without screaming. That made it so Cheeto had to sit with her. Cheeto said he only got to run about 25 minutes because of all the running around. Perhaps Gold's Kids needs to be a 2 parents ordeal next time.
After lunch, we all had quiet time. By 3pm, we were headed to Target for a quick look for a few things. Cheeto and the kids were going to go eat with the rest of the family at Mexico #1. I figured I was out playing, they shouldn't be denied any fun. I picked Teresa up and we were on our way for over 5 hours of children free laughs, shopping, deal breaking, good time! We loved every minute of it. I love Teresa! She is awesome. We found some good stuff. First stop was Rue 21, where I found a cute black and white skirt. My favorite part was that I had to get a size 1/2. That was a confidence builder! My mission from then on was to find a cute red shirt to wear with it. When we got back out to the car, Teresa hands me something and says, "What is this? I found it between the door and seat over here." I squealed! It was my bluetooth. I have been looking for it for more than a week. Cheeto's has worn out so I told him he could have mine for awhile (this is usually how it goes with most electronics!). However, I couldn't find it. Teresa made us both so happy for finding it. It must have fell out of my purse or pocket on date night. Anywho, we ate dinner at Harper's in Friendly Center. We had a crappy waitress but the salads were still good. We ordered salads so we could eat ice cream at Coldstone's with "less" guilt later. Cheeto and the boys gave me a gift card to Claire's Boutique for my birthday, so we went there to get use that. I really wanted just some from earrings. I crouched down to look at some earring hung close to the floor. As I did so, I heard this POP! (ok- it wasn't that extreme!) I knew what had happened. The snap on my new "Seven" pants broke! This is the second time it has done this. I was so mad. I told Teresa and we just laughed. Thankfully it was really cold and windy so I had worn a longer coat. After finishing at Claire's, we walked through Macy's to safety pin my pants back together. I got 6 pairs of earrings for $27 dollars. They had a Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale. It was a good time to shop for earrings. We proceeded to a couple of stores that weren't all that great. I found a $9 ribbed melon-colored sweater at New York and Company. Our biggest success story was at Belk. We found some serious sale racks and got some really good clothes for cheap. I spent $40 and saved $212. I got a oatmeal colored cable knit sweater- originally $58 - on sale for $9. A purple, flirty wrap around shirt; originally $40- on sale for $6. A red wrap sweater; originally $58- on sale for $9. Last but not least, a green corderoy Jones of New York jacket- originally $100- on sale for $16. I was so excited to tell Cheeto how much I got for next to nothing. I got a lot of good stuff for only spent a part of my birthday money! Teresa and I decided we need to always ask for money and then go shopping together to blow it! After they kicked us out of Belk because it was time to close, we went to Cold Stones, after we just went home. Cheeto said he was surprised we were home so early. Teresa was thinking she couldn't remember the last time she had been out without kids AND Munsey for more than 5 hours. It was a great evening! Thanks Cheeto! I did have to stop at Harris Teeter to get ice cream for Sunday dinner. The only thing Cheeto asked me to do all day was to get him some "treats" while I was there. You know what I forgot? Yep- his cookies! I came home and baked some for him out of the bucket of dough we bought at Costco. I'm such a tard. I was talking to my mom and just went in to buy ice cream. I shouldn't talk and shop at the same time!
Sunday morning was hard to get out of bed with time change. I had some preparing to finish for my lesson. I played too much Saturday to do it sooner. It was a rush to get us all ready for church on time. After church we had our monthly traditional "Idaho" dinner, where Kristi and Christopher announced they are expecting in October. Congratulations! It's about time! Just kidding. Analise is going to have some compitition with Bobby and Carolyn now. :) Analise thinks Bobby and Carolyn are a 3rd set of Grandparents. We came home , watched a movie and had a popcorn party! Analise was out like a light on the way home from Becky's. Cheeto layed her down on the couch and she was gone! But as soon as I asked her if she wanted "pop-pop" she perked right up. Funny Girl! After watching "Eight Below" with the kids, Cheeto and I stayed up to watch "Victory" with Sylvester Stalone and Michael Caine. It was pretty good. I struggle to keep my eyes open towards the end of the movie.
As far as my pain this weekend. Saturday wasn't good, but Sunday was do-able. I'm going for infared deep heat therapy in a few days. I hope that helps! It was a nice to kinda have a day off.







Funny Kid Quote of the Day
I should have written them down this weekend. I can't remember them right now. I waited too long. Live and learn!

1 comments:

Lacey said...

Ah, shopping without the kids. I love to do that. A friend and I try to do a girls night out once a month where we go out to eat and then shopping. It is so nice and helps me feel more energized to be a mom. I did have to chuckle that you forgot Cheeto's cookie. Sounds like something I would do!