Friday, March 28, 2008

So I have been MIA..... what's it to ya?

Wow! So where to begin... About 10 days ago my sister-in-law tells me I need to read this series of books (Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer). I told her the only time I get to do such a thing is while I'm doing something like the treadmill, biking, or eliptical at the gym. I said I would try them. Two of these books were in the 500 pages and the 3rd was in the 600 pages. If you would have told me then that I would actually read a 500 page book, I would have laughed in your face. I have never enjoyed reading like my mom and older sister, Erin. The always have a book in progress. I can't even say I I always read the required reading in school . That is just sad! I am proud to say I finished the first book in less than 3 days. I did have to stop to take care of husband and children. I gave myself one day of rest and started the 2nd. This is the reason I have been MIA for the past 4 days. I started the 2nd book, New Moon, Monday evening. Tuesday I had errands to run and such, but still found myself picking up this book every second I could. Wednesday morning, I found myself getting up at 6am to keep reading. I was welcoming Analise waking me up so early this morning. My stomach had been bothering the past few days so I had decided that I needed a day of "taking it easy." It took all of less than a second to talk myself into reading all day. About 10am, I got a text from our cousin Tia saying she was going to leave at noon. CRAP! Was it really 10am. I only have 10 pages left of the 2nd book. I finished and then decided to shower. I had to look like I did "something" that morning. :) We went to say good-bye and then came home for lunch. I did pause at moments to take care of my kids. I didn't ignore them completely during my reading frenzy! I just wanted all to know that. My house on the other hand flew out the window. I have a day of cleaning to get it back into shape. Well, Wednesday afternoon I started the 3rd one, Eclipse. I read 300+ pages of that one before I went to bed that night. Cheeto came home from work and Analise told him, "Mommy read all day!" She told on me! I was curious to see what Cheeto's reaction was going to be at my "productive" day. He shocked me! He lovingly said, "Honey, I'm so proud to see you reading "a" book." Little did he know it was 3 BIG books. Can my Cheeto be an "Edward?" YES!!!! I think he is! Of course, he isn't cold and has hard as stone.... but he does love me unconditionally and will do everything in his power to make me happy! I know that for certain. If he can come home to such a mess and say that...He LOVES me! You have to know Cheeto do understand me. He needs a neat organized life. So the fact that was pleased to see I was reading all day instead of keeping up the house.... this was love!!!! Cheeto and I went to the temple last night. I had to keep reading and I get so car sick. I fought the waves of nausea but kept reading. As long as I focused I was ok. I read all the way there. My eyes were exhausted last night. I know now why. I had read this entire time mostly without wearing my glasses. I do need my glasses to read. I woke up this morning disgusted that I had to run errands first thing. The last 30 pages were going to have to wait. I was so anxious to see what would happen. I finished it and now am sad that I have to wait until August to find out what will happen to Bella? I won't start in on that, just in case some of you have decided to read them. I do recommend them. Just make room for a few days on the calendar to do so. You won't be able to put them down. Kelson was so excited to see that I was finished. He was tired of mommy reading so much. I am now back to mommy routine. I best go get lunch for them.


3 comments:

Tia J said...

Glad to see you finished it! i still can't believe that you read all of them so fast! Maybe I will have to break down and read them someday.

Lacey said...

Those books are so good. I do have to ask if you told Cheeto what they are about? I told Jason and all he could do was chuckle. I couldn't put them down until they were finished either. I have decided that I have to be done with my masters degree before I start the 4th book because I have already taken too much time away from doing my capstone. They are so addicting and you cannot put them down. But hey, at least they are fun to read!

Rich and Andrea said...

Hey Shena, I'm not sure that I've contacted you recently, or if I've just been secretly visiting your blog for months now without you knowing. I got your link from the yahoo group and wanted to say hi. My kids love getting on your blog and watching the videos of your kids riding bikes etc. I swear they probably think that they're cousins by now with as often as they watch the videos. But when I saw what you blogged about I couldn't stop laughing. I haven't read a book since we graduated and I would have totally laughed in your face if you were to tell me that I would read 1600+ pages in a row. I read all 3 books in 6 days and I had my house to prove it. They were awesome books and I would totally read more often if they were all like that. I felt like I wasn't making it through very quickly and then the next thing I knew...was that it was 2 hours later and I'd read 1/2 the book. It was incredible. I just started my blog (from inspiration from you) and I hope to keep in touch with you more often.