Monday, March 10, 2008

All in a Monday

The day started out like it ended- on the couch thinking how exhausted I feel. Cheeto even came home early from studying because he was so tired. This time change thing is for the dogs! After I got Cade on the bus, I had a fight with myself about whether I wanted to go to the gym or not. My eyes said no but the rest of me said yes. I figured my eyes were such a small body part and didn't need the workout that majority rules. Tuesday and Thursday are my Body Pump mornings so I took it easy today and just ran 3 miles (for my own reference 29:38 minutes) and did a little leg weights. It took me forever to get out the door this morning so I was running behind. I had to go grocery shopping today as well. It was almost 11:30 when I left and about 12:30pm when I got home. It was another week of grocery savings. This week I spent $29 and saved $32. Cheeto tells me as long as I save more than I spend I can keep doing what I'm doing. Like just saving money isn't enough! He's totally kidding FYI! Anywho, Cheeto gave us a treat by coming home for lunch. He went back to work and the rest of us took naps. YUMMY! I love naps! Cade got home and we all went outside to play. It was such a nice afternoon. Cade wanted to play real life math baseball like the game on his Leapster. I would give him a math question, he would then have 5 seconds to give me the answer, if he got it right then I would pitch him the ball. It was kind of fun. Kelson even wanted to play. We taught him how to add by one. He was feeling pretty smart. Analise was just content to swing. She sat on the swing for an entire hour. It was after 4pm by now. Cade breezed through his homework without any whining. I love it when that happens. We made a quick dinner, had grandma over and started FHE. I was thinking while we were outside earlier that we should some outside activity. I was feeling crappy and wasn't up for a bike ride or anything. So I threw something together which turned out to be one of the funnest FHE's we have ever done. Everyone was participating and happy. I took the Book of Mormon story book and made a copy so I could cut out the pictures. I first told this kids the story and told them to really look at the pictures and remember the order of the story. I had cut the pictures out and placed each one in it's own envelope. I tied yarn from our porch the Cade's tree in the front of our house. I paper clipped the envelopes to the string. The wind made the envelopes dance- this made the kids a bit hyper. On the front of each envelope it had something you had to do in order to get the envelope; ie, go down the slide, run around the house, draw in sidewalk chalk your eternal family, do 10 jumping jacks, catch a baseball, shoot the basketball, sing a song- you get the idea. The kids had a blast and as you can see Cheeto and G'ma got in on the fun. Analise had the treat. We made some cookies. Sad thing was was that she didn't eat any of her dinner so she couldn't get one of her own cookies. She was one upset little girl when she went to bed. Kids are now sleeping and my husband is home before 10pm. I'm a happy camper. I best go enjoy his presence.

Funny Kid Quote of the Day
Cade: The kids fought me to go to bed. Cade kept saying, "Mom, it's still light outside. You're teasing me about it being 7:30pm. It looks more like 6:47pm." Funny Kid!

Analise: She has been doing a great job with the bathroom thing. She still wets the bed sometimes, but she is in regular big girl pants and doesn't really have many accidents. Well, before we went the grocery store this morning she said she had "poopies" so I took her before we went. It took her a couple of visits to actually go. Mid-way, she looks at me with a face that made me laugh. I asked her what was wrong. She replied, "OOOOO- dat tinky poopies! Howey- fush it Mommy! It was hilarious! I wish Cheeto could have heard her. This is why I'm a stay at home mom. I couldn't bare to miss this moments! Again, I'm blessed with a awesome husband!

Kelson: Kelson was having problems with his shoe right before we went outside for FHE. He was kind of fighting with himself. Cheeto asked him what was wrong and he said his shoe just wasn't right, it had problems. He was so weird... hitting his shoe and jumping on and off the chair. Eventually he just forgot about it and life went on.


Check out Kelson doing Jumping Jacks with Grandma A.

1 comments:

Stacey said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast! I have also had a hard time with the time change! I feel tired ALL the TIME!