Sunday, August 31, 2008

What a busy Saturday!

Saturday was so busy that we required Daddy all day as well as a babysitter. I started off walking with a friend at 7am. Cheeto had had a rough night so I took Analise with me, left the boys reading books in their rooms and Cheeto asleep. Pushing Analise sure adds to those big hills we walk, which was good now but awful at the time.
Cade had a picture appointment at Portrait Innovations (which is the best picture place in my opinion!)at 10am so we had to hurry to get everyone ready and out the door. It's so much easier getting boys ready for pictures- especially an 8 year old! I have never had to go on a Saturday before and I vow never to do it again. It was a zoo. I was glad Cade was in a good mood and was very patient and cooperative. We have been looking for a mattress so Cheeto took the other two and looked and priced them out while I was with Cade. Cheeto was there for the picture decision process. He vows to never do that again! :)

This is so Cade! It was one of my favorites but now my absolute favorite. I try really hard to capture who they are at this stage in their life. Cade is really into football and that is my Cade's smile. I had no other choice but to pick this one! He was thrilled that I chose the football pose.


We went to Costco while waiting for the pictures for our weekly restocking of milk, bread and cheese. We decided that Costco had the best deal on a mattress so we bought one there. It was originally going to go in Analise's room but then we decided that Kelson was older and had the crappiest bed so he should get the new one- my frustration will come with this decision later! We got home when I got a phone call asking for an impression appointment at 2pm. We all ate fast, rushed to get the mattresses situated, the house picked up, and all the kids in quiet time. Analise was so excited about her new bed at first that she required us to put her pj's on for nap. However, that excitement only lasted 2 minutes. She never did take a nap. Cheeto took the kids to see Papa and G'ma while I had my appointment. Of course, my client was over 30 minutes late! I hate that! I got to mom's with only about 20 minutes to say hi, make a sandwich for the little kids and get them to a friends house. Cheeto and I were taking Cade out for his birthday dinner and shopping with his birthday money. Cade was so wired. We ate dinner at IHOP- I know- big deal. We took him to Barnes and Noble to get some new chapter books for him. He also got himself a nice Spiderman bookmark. He has been reading non-stop since we got home last night. I'm so proud of him and how he loves to read. Thanks G'ma and Papa for the gift card!


After Barnes and Noble we had to run to Target real fast for last minute school supplies and a mattress cover. I decided not to buy the expensive waterproof ones since Kelson has pretty much outgrown wetting the bed- or so I thought.
Bedtime was quite exciting for everyone. Cade was even excited for his brother and sister! Cheeto was pretty jealous of Kelson's new bed. He told Kelson to come and tell me that he was sleeping in Kelson's bed. Analise went right to sleep- no qualms or questions!
I woke up at 3am with Kelson in bed with us. I went to carry him back and found that he had wet his bed. I had put a wet mattress crib mat under his sheets where he sleeps so just in case he had an accident it was catch it all. Of course, he was on his pillow when it happened so he soaked his pillow and the new mattress. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!?!?! Is what I was silently screaming at 3am this morning. The whole thing woke up Cheeto and neither one of us got back to sleep for quite awhile. Cheeto was up much longer than I was though. Poor guy is exhausted! I'm just very grumpy from a lack of sleep and looking at a brand new, NICE wet mattress. Why couldn't Cheeto and I have the new one! :)



Funny Kid Quote of the Day
I hope this doesn't gross anyone out... but I it's seriously the funniest thing I have heard from Analise in a long time! This morning I was going to the bathroom. All you mother's out there- can you remember the last time you got to go by yourself! The occassions are rare for me too! Analise has been potty trained for quiet awhile now but I still praise her for going and not having accidents. I didn't realize I did it until this morning but I must say, "Great job sweetheart" and then kiss her cheek. Well, when I went this morning, Analise yelled, "Great job sweetheart" and kissed my cheek. She then went on to say, "Good job, Mommy- that was a good girl!" It still makes me laugh!

1 comments:

Lacey said...

Man, do you think you could cram anything else in? No, seriously, you are good to get all of that done and not need a padded room after. I have to chuckle about your "toes" picture. I painted Maddie's toes for the first time on thursday and I have a picture of them to post. But, the girls want me to paint their toes first and then post pictures of all their toes. Every good blog needs a picture of some toes, right?