Thursday, August 28, 2008

Rain, moving, and much needed sleep!

Yesterday did not greet the morning happily for the boys. They woke up to rolling thunder and flashes of lightening. Kelson immediately stated that he wasn't going to ride the bus in this weather. I assured him he would be fine. He still wanted me to ask Cheeto to take them to school. I may be a bad mother but I didn't want to start taking them in the morning or giving them an excuse for us to take them. Cheeto did stand out in the rain covering them with an umbrella until the bus came; of course, it was 10 minutes late. Cheeto's suit pants were soaked! What a good daddy he is! It pretty much rained, no I mean, POURED, all day. It was part of the tropical storm Faye that went through Florida a week ago. About 2:25pm our neighbor knocked on the door to drop of some coupons. I'm so glad he did because he said I needed to check the news and see what was up with the schools. Evidently some counties were holding all students until the national weather gave the ok to dismiss them because of flooding and tornado's. Our schools were holding all buses but we were still allowed, for the time being, to go pick up our kids. Mom and Dad live less than a mile from the school. I called Mom and she went as fast as she could to go get the boys. I can't remember what happened but there was a time last year that Cade had to sit at the school for 2 extra hours. This did not make him happy- so I was hoping that Mom could still get them. Analise was still napping and I knew it would take me 15 to 20 minutes to get there. Mom, bless her heart, got them in no time and took them back to her house. Phew! Cade was bummed because they put the kids in the halls for the tornado warning right after his lunch. He had his lunch box but was not allowed back in the class room to get his backpack. He was worried about it. Kelson was fine. He has lunch really early so he came home with all of his belongings. The county did have some tornado's touch down with minimal damage. Thankfully we were all kept safe! It was after 4pm when I got the call stating that the buses were allowed to take students home. I'm so thankful for great grandma's and papas that are willing to run and get them fast.
Today Cheeto got the ok to move into his new office. The day has come. He is excited. I'm sure he wishes it was a new home rather than a new office but we take what we get. I'm excited for him. It's a great stepping stone in his career. After school, I packed up the kids and went down to start helping him move some things. I know it probably takes him a bit longer having us help but its a great teaching tool for the boys. They worked hard. We are really going to start moving tomorrow. I'll take some more pictures. You know me! :)
We are all exhausted. Cheeto isn't use to the 6am wake up. The boys usually get up around 6:15 so the 15 minutes isn't too hard on them. Analise has been more than willing to take her naps this week. I've been grateful for this one. We both took a great 2 hour nap today. I love it when this happens. She is a great little helper during the day. I've been really able to see her personality come out now that it's just the two of us. She still really misses her brothers though. I told her it would only be a few short months and she would have a baby all to her self to play with. This brought a sassy little grin to her face. What busy lives we live... but I wouldn't trade it for anything. It's been exciting to see the boys getting ready together, leaving together, and walking together off the bus. I'm a proud mommy and wife right now!

PS... I was so excited when my sister-in-law informed me today that we are in the double digits until our due date. Why hadn't I been counting down better? I hope the next 99 days just fly by. I'm starting to feel really pregnant and really disliking it! I try to stay positive and keep telling myself... this is the last one! It has to be!!!!

0 comments: