Friday, August 01, 2008

Tents and soccer games




Tuesday night I wasn't feeling well and Kelson had a rash that got worse in the heat so we didn't go to Cheeto's soccer game. It was hot and the kids weren't excited to go anyway. I didn't want to go fight with them the entire time. So to make the evening fun anyway I agreed to let them pitch the tent in Analise's room. They watched a movie and went right to bed. I usually take it down the next morning but I just didn't have the energy or the time to do so. I really never went back in her room until last night after I told them they could sleep in it one more time. All three of them started out in there, but when I went to tuck them in and give them one more good night kiss before I went to bed this is what I found. I found that Analise had moved onto Kelson's bed. I found her first because she was a bit restless. Then I went to see the boys and it didn't take long to figure out why Analise had moved. They had seriously taken all of their pillows, blankets, bean bags, and animals and shoved them into that little pup tent. Poor Kelson was nose to knee with Cade. He got a bit startled when we tried to move him.

Cheeto finished the soccer season last night. He has a game next Thursday for the tournament. If they win he will have a few more games of course. Last night's game was pretty exciting. They had to do goal kicks at the end to determine a winner. Cheeto blocked the first one which was great for us. But then then we missed our attempt once and Cheeto said his hands were so slippery that he really couldn't get a grip on the ball. In the end, it still turned out to be a tie. It was a great game.
The kids and I have had a great time watching him play. Analise made a habit of wetting her pants within the last 10 minutes of almost every game. That itself made me not want to go but I loved watching Cheeto play. The exercise has been great for him. He has been losing some weight in the process of playing soccer as well as the stress of getting his new office put together. Poor guy has had a full month of work and play. We rarely see each other. I was a bit bummed last night as I waited up for him. I hadn't seen him all day and he had to back to the office after the game. It was after 11pm when he got home. I often feel like a married single parent. I'm so grateful for Cheeto and his hard work but the hours really get long sometimes. Here are a few pics from Cheeto's games.

Back row: Clyde Ward, Craig Hiatt, Susie Hiatt, Blake Scocin, Tom?, Nicole, Craig,
Front row: Cheeto, Lettie, David and Natalie
(Cheeto looks so grumpy in this picture. The other one he had a goofy grin and eyes closed. So I figured this one was still better. He really wasn't that grumpy. )


This is where I would usually find Cade. By the goal watching his dad. He enjoyed shagging the balls for them and also keeping an eye on Daddy's water for him. Water and Ball Boy Cade!

PS- thanks to my dear friend Ashley for sharing her pictures!


1 comments:

Tia J said...

I laughed so hard when I saw the picture of the boys. How fun for them. You look great by the way.