Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Day of School

The day had finally arrived. Kelson couldn't stand the wait. He has been counting down days, hours and minutes. Last night was just about unbearable for him. As you can see in one of the pictures... he was up way past his bedtime. The excitement was just too much for him. Cade, on the other hand, was mad that school was starting. My parents had to leave about the same we had to get kids up for school. Good byes usually turn into a day of tears. However, today with school starting and knowing they are going to be back in just a few short months to see the new baby it made it easier. Cheeto gave Kelson a blessing and of course Cade refused! We knoew this is the way it would be. Cade said it was because mom always cries during blessings. We tried to explain that that wasn't a bad thing. What can I say- we all feel the spirit differently! I cry- it's that simple! Cheeto and I took the boys to their classrooms this morning. We wanted Cade to be able to take Kelson to his classroom for the first few days. He did a great job helping him. Some parents let their kids ride the bus and then met them at the school. I was glad that we weren't one of those. :) Kelson did great! He walked right in, put his backpack away, signed his name and sat at his desk. I gave him a love and said good bye and he was fine. Nothing more! Cade pouted all the way to his class. He does this every year. I told Cheeto that again it was harder to leave Cade than it was to leave Kelson. And I'm use to Cade being gone all day. The fact that I have to leave my son so unhappy just makes me sad. Of course he comes home fine, but it still bothers me every year. I got through the entire day without crying. Analise was not the same. Poor little girl was so sad without her brothers. She cried all the way home from the school. At lunch, she was expecting her brothers as well. She woke from her nap thinking they would be home. Finally, when it was time to wait outside for the bus she was right there waiting.
They made it off the bus just fine. Kelson was all smiles until I asked how his day was. It was a rainy day so he was bummed about not being able to go on the playground. He said they were so busy they had no time for play. He also was mad because his teacher just gave him a hot lunch, not even asking him if he had a lunch box. She also didn't give them a snack. Poor kid was starving!
Cade didn't have much to say. He was excited to be the big brother and show Kelson the ropes. He likes his teacher, which is nice. We shall see how the next few days go.




1 comments:

Allison said...

Awww...poor little Analise.