Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Last Summer Bash with Papa A

Yesterday morning Papa A came to take the boys golfing at 9am. The last words out of his mouth were, "We have nothing to be back for, right?" I really didn't think he meant it. They were gone all day and still stayed the night over there last night. WOW! An entire 24 hours without my boys. I thought Analise would go through brother withdrawal at some point. It wasn't until about 4:30pm that she was asking for "her" Kelson. It was Monday night bean night so we were headed that way anyway. When we got there Cade and Kelson showed us what they had done all afternoon. They were busy little boys. They had built this 'fort' with a little bit of help from Papa. I was impressed with their dedicated efforts. They were stinky, sweaty, tired little boys when I saw them.





Analise was helping G'ma again with rolling out tortillas. It almost looks like she had a fight with the flour this time. We couldn't resist taking some pictures.
We got through dinner and started FHE. We did a special lesson for Cade's baptism, which is Saturday. It turned out perfect. I had placed objects in a bag to discuss that related to baptism. The last object was a CTR ring that we gave to Cade to wear. It was perfect. We all shared stories of our baptism day and some when the Holy Ghost has protected us or guided us in making the right decisions. It was one of those lessons that I had walked away feeling very happy with what I had prepared. I think the kids enjoyed it as well.

Funny Kid Quote of the Day
During FHE, Cade had chose an eraser out of the bag. We discussed how when you are baptized all our sins are "erased" per say. However, after we are baptized we can just erase them we have to do something else that Heavenly Father and our Savior gave us something wonderful to help us. I was trying to get them to say repentance. So I started saying... "Re.... " to help them. Kelson said, "I know.... REFRESHMENTS!"

0 comments: