Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Wet N' Wild - Emerald Point

I know if I don't blog this now it's going to be a week or more before I remember to do it again. Cheeto has a client/friend that is the assistant general manager for Emerald Point water park. He told Cheeto to call him anytime and he would get us tickets. I was all over that! Cheeto made the call and we had tickets waiting for us we just had to name the date We were going to go last week but Cheeto's client advised us this week would be better- less busy. The kids have been so excited. They all woke up this morning asking to put their suits on for breakfast at 6:30am. I suppose that is almost sleeping in for them. After packing lunches and getting all the stuff together we left about 9:15am. We got out there with only a short wait until it opened. Cade was just tall enough to go on pretty much everything but that meant Kelson wasn't. He dealt with it ok. Cheeto and Cade went off the Dragon's Den first off before the lines got too long. I was trying to walk behind and take some pictures, this wasn't enough for Analise and Kelson so I decided it was best that Cheeto and Cade went and did their thing and the rest of us would hit the Happy Cove. This is a place with kid slides and playground stuff. Kelson had slides his size to go down. It took some forcing to get Analise to go down the first time. She really liked the swings best. We probably could have sat there all day for her. Cheeto and Cade found us and we found out that as long as Analise and Kelson were accompanied by an adult there were some slides they could go down as well. Analise really didn't say much for almost 3 hours. This is not like Analise. She was just going with the flow. Cheeto and I were standing in the kids pool just watching all the kids and noticed Analise had gotten her head under water and fighting it. Cheeto pulled her out. I think it shook her up a bit. She was very cautious after that. We went to the picnic area to eat our lunch and went back inside for some more fun. We soon discovered that we had lost one of Kelson's shoes. He wasn't too upset and neither was I- it was cheap water shoes that was a hand-me-down. But wouldn't know... as Cade and I were going to the slides we found Kelson's lost shoe sitting next to a flower bed. I guess what would someone do with one shoe? The lazy river was a hit. We sat in that thing for almost an hour, I bet. I believe this is where Cheeto and I got most of our sun. Towards the end of the day we discovered the raging river slide. This slide had triple tube riders so Cheeto and I took turns taking the boys down. Analise didn't care, after 5 minutes of observing she was gone. It was funny because as we were leaving she perked up and said, "Daddy, that was fun!" She slept the entire time- what did she remember of it? It wasn't 15 minutes later it was announced that they had to close the park due to weather. We got rainchecks for another full day. 2 for 1 deal- we are excited. Bummer that Cheeto can't take another day and bum with us. Daddy bought us pizza on the way home. He had to run in sheets of rain. It was good ole-fashion southern rain storm. We came home, showered, ate pizza and watched a movie. We couldn't have ended it better. Cheeto did go to work tonight. We had so much fun having him with us today. It's been a long time since we have had such a fun full day with just our little family. The kids couldn't have been better. Not one complain or whine that I can remember. Everyone was happy to help each other and go with the flow. I'm sad to see the day come to an end. I knew that next summer we wouldn't be able to go like this so I was glad we had the opportunity this year.; having a baby complicates things when you go swimming. IT WAS A GREAT DAY! I won't forget it!

*watch Kelson when the bucket of water falls on him. I guess there was more pressure there than he thought.













1 comments:

melissa said...

Analise is so cute, she reminds me of my Lettie. They kind of have the same mannerisms. You'll see what I'm talking about when we are there.