Sunday, July 06, 2008

74 degrees in July

Can you believe it?!?!? I couldn't! The first of July was amazing! I was out at noon and my car read the temperature as 74. It was true. It was so nice. The humidity was so low for a few days. It was heavenly. This is so rare for North Carolina. I decided since it was so nice outside it was a great night to cook out. I had been grocery shopping earlier and corn on the cob was on a great sale. That is was got me craving grilled chicken and corn on the cob. I actually should call it corn cut off the cob. Cheeto and I hate eating corn on the cob so I always cut it off to eat it. The Arellano's always laugh at us. Who cares! It beats having all it stuck in your teeth and having to pick it out for the next day. Well, off my corn tangent... I took the cover off the grill and a fist sized wasp nest fell out on the deck. I just kicked it across the yard not thinking. Throughout our dinner there were many wasps looking for there home. That was the least of my problems. When I went to start the grill it wouldn't light. I was so mad! I had the chicken marinated and everything and now the grill wasn't going to work. I called Cheeto and he said there 'might' be out of propane but he would have to look at it when he got home which might be awhile. He was having to put out a fire at work. After a few minutes I decided I would try one more time. Thankfully it worked this time. Kelson said since it was so cool outside we should eat on the deck. Great idea! We ate and had a just a bit of time to play before bedtime. Cheeto played with them for a bit before he headed back to work. Analise had walked in front of Cade on the swing before dinner and ended up eating a mouth full of bark. It was pretty gross. She wanted to swing all by herself after dinner. I must say- it was a great evening!




0 comments: