Sunday, July 27, 2008

Vinyl Letter Saga

Our Enrichment leader had been working on a project with me at my house when she saw some vinyl letter tiles and boards I had made. She loved them and asked if I could get more letters if the sisters in our ward were interested in doing it for the Christmas in July craft fair. I had bought them from a lady where I grew and knew I would be able to get them so much cheaper than anywhere else. I was also sure she would be able to ship them in a couple of days. In the 10 years I have lived here my mom has always mailed something and I have had it on my door step less than 48 hours later. Wouldn't you know this would be the time for it to fail? And it failed miserably! Not only didn't show up on time it took 4 more days to get it. It took 10 days to get it. I would call our post office and track it and they would just tell me that it looks like it's sitting on a shelf somewhere in Grace, Idaho. I would tell them that that was impossible if they knew the size of our little post office. Thankfully, Jackie from Grace Post Office finally contacted our post office here and raised some havoc. Seriously... she faxed them a nasty note and not 30 minutes later this package was being hand delivered! My mail had already been delivered for the day too. Thanks to Jackie and Jodi for all the help! Now we have to come up with another date for all the sisters to get together and make these adorable things! AGH! There is a reason we use FedEx and UPS!!!!

0 comments: